Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
Welcome to the Renault Kadjar Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Alarm Two loud beeps 8 months 6 days ago #1

• nosybonk
  • nosybonk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
I see this known issue on many forums and facebook pages, but does anybody know how to and sucsesfully resolve this issue, I see locate sensor and remove leads and then re locate, or disconect battery for 5min... anybody resolved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Alarm Two loud beeps 7 months 18 hours ago #2

• chris6911
  • Thank you received: 1

Hi
I see this known issue on many forums and facebook pages, but does anybody know how to and sucsesfully resolve this issue, I see locate sensor and remove leads and then re locate, or disconect battery for 5min... anybody resolved

Yes I had this, don’t know if the link will work,

Really easy fix, the car would go "beeeeep beeeep" after locking. (Not the normal walk away notification you get)
Turns out it was a loose connection to the alarm relay box, which is conveniently placed where your likely to knock your feet against getting out the car on the passenger side.
Pull the bottom trim up to get off, under the glove box there's a screw, pretty sure it's a 1/4 turn to release it, pull the trim off sideways and you'll see a black box with cables coming off it, one by one, take out and insert all the connections, test the car, (lock it and see if the beeps have stopped) put the car back together again.
And problem sorted
If you try this and it doesn't work, it could actually be a fault with an alarm sensor, but at least trying this first will stop an unnecessary trip to the garage. Renault told be they couldn't fix it although they "replaced" the alarm. The cause literally couldn't of been simpler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: techie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds