Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Auto Wipe Replacement Pad Fitting (and Lane Departure/Auto Headlights) 3 years 4 months ago #1

• tonymc
  • tonymc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Like others, I have been having problems with my wife's recently acquired 68 plate Kadjar. I noticed recently that the intermittent wipe wasn't functioning, so had it into our local dealer for a look at under warranty.

However, they came back saying that the windscreen had been replaced (it was an ex lease car), so they couldn't do any work under warranty. However, when I took off the cover and removed the sensor unit, there was no gel at all between the sensor head and the screen.

I ordered and installed a replacement silicone pad, but no joy so far. However, I installed the pad with the hole around the sensor - should the sensor be covered by the gel pad? I know it's a daft question, but I cannot find an article or you tube video to show the correct method of installation.

Since then, and having read a few other articles on the issue, it does appear that a screen replacement may also impact on the Lane Departure Warning System and the auto Headlight system. Several articles seem to indicate that once a screen has been replaced, the sensors behind the screen require a recalibration. I have to admit that although the Lane Departure system is switched on, I have yet to hear it whilst driving.

Similarly, when I tried the auto headlight function, it didn't seem to switch off full beam until approaching vehicles were only a short distance away - again, this seems to suggest a calibration problem.

Would be grateful if anyone is able to advise on the silicone pad fitting, and if the info about a recalibration is correct.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Auto Wipe Replacement Pad Fitting (and Lane Departure/Auto Headlights) 3 years 4 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Do you have insurance that covers damage on windscreen? If yes, just use and old spark plug and break a windscreen with it. It will looks like a pebble from road... and then be careful to also change sensors and recalibrate camera (if you have it).
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Auto Wipe Replacement Pad Fitting (and Lane Departure/Auto Headlights) 3 years 4 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
My understanding from windscreen companies I have questioned in the past is that when the screen is replaced you have to go to the dealer for re-calibration.
This is not a warranty job and is technically a repair job
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Auto Wipe Replacement Pad Fitting (and Lane Departure/Auto Headlights) 3 years 4 months ago #4

• tonymc
Thanks for that info. It looks as if I'll be contacting the dealer (non-Remault) we bought it from to see about getting it soreted, as we've only had the car about 6 weeks.

Auto Wipe Replacement Pad Fitting (and Lane Departure/Auto Headlights) 3 years 4 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
And by Renault specs (where also insurance company gets data) this is a package or one task. Check in Dialogys... means replacing windscreen also includes replacing sensor, recalibrating camera and replacing seal on windscreen.
With all material, labor and heated windscreen costet 1200 EUR here.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Auto Wipe Replacement Pad Fitting (and Lane Departure/Auto Headlights) 3 years 4 months ago #6

• tonymc
At EUR1200, I will definitely be calling the seller!!!

However, just wondering if there is a way to set this feature to manual operation. I have seen a few articles that suggest that if you disconnect the sensor, then they will operate but under the drivers control?

Last edit: by tonymc.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds