Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Front DRL's on welcome 3 years 2 months ago #7

• BRUCE225
  • BRUCE225's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Will try that first, hate little annoying things like this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Front DRL's on welcome. 3 years 2 months ago #8

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Hi Others may advise on this but you could do a factory reset did this with ours years ago for whatever and as I recall it worked well SO go to menu then system then at bottom right of screen is a rectangle with lines across go there you will find factory reset and user manual may help maybe better than disconnecting the battery good luck[/quote

Eventually tried this today still no joy,rears come on but nothing at the front. Decided against disconnecting battery just incase I trigger another problem.

Front DRL's on welcome 3 years 1 month ago #9

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well been to the dealers today no joy got told my model isn't equipped with the feature even though I know I used to have it. They tried new models and no joy so guess some update switched it off in newer models.

Front DRL's on welcome 3 years 1 month ago #10

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I think I said on the FB forum, but it is a subject of previous discussion from folk who have noticed similar. Either had a phase 1 or noticed the difference in one way or another.
Each vehicle has a set program that’s installed and updated from time to time just as similar to a phone for instance. Let’s call it tweets and enhancements.
Mostly for the better and sometimes not so. All I can do is relate to an example of the iPhone could have been iOS 12 ish, the update had great features and I’m sure back ground enhancements, but the BT stopped working with vehicles, or rather connection issues.

However, what most don’t realise, without a little research is the ecu side side of the vehicle is a very common factor throughout the renault range and some nissans.

Some Kind chap, a while ago, put together a PC program called Ddt4all android some will be already will have used it to their advantage. As I’ve said the core ecu family is shared and all of the features that can be found across the range could be enabled on any of the vehicles, equipment dependant of course, you can’t enable let’s say 4x4 model if the car isn’t equipped with it.
In Ddt4all is a very nice feature to activate welcome lights and actually program them to do a flash pattern or just the standard stay on, front and rear are independent.

While it’s a different subject, a few who have had their head unit changed from a pre android auto era, now find that they them sleeves can activate the AA feature but renault will only install the standard programming the it came with originally, just as an example.

https://youtube.com/shorts/i0TBXYjBRcA

Front DRL's on welcome 3 years 1 month ago #11

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi Darren didn't realise it was you responding on FB didn't like mentioning FB on this forum just in case it was classed as advertising another group.

Front DRL's on welcome 3 years 1 month ago #12

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Hi Darren didn't realise it was you responding on FB didn't like mentioning FB on this forum just in case it was classed as advertising another group.

I have no problem with darenh FB page being linked or otherwise from this Forum, it just means more places to look for your answers which I believe surfing the net is all about. I do however think FB has its limitations which can be better dealt with through dedicated websites.

The only advertising I personally don't like, which you guys don't always see, is for unrelated Kadjar subjects such as Betting, bitcoin, obvious con sites etc.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds