Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

poorly kadjar 3 years 5 months ago #1

• kadjar
  • kadjar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
hi my kadjar is poorly driving at 60mph car shuddered misfired hard to rev betweem 1500 and 2000rpm lights on instrument unit CHECK INJECTORS STOP START CHECK BRAKING ENG MANAGMENT LIGHT ON gone to dealers and opinions on what could be wrong as i think the dealer maybe try and fleece me.

1.5 diesel engine manual 47000 miles full dealer service history

any help and do you think i could put in a post warranty claim only 5 years old FDSH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

poorly kadjar 3 years 5 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Have you tried driving it since this occurrence?

I had a very similar problem/symptoms with my works vehicle, it recovered a bit so I took it to my local garage, non-dealer. It turner out to be a 4" rubber pipe at the back of the engine somewhere that had split. I believe it is connected in some way to the air intake and is some sort of pressure pipe. This rubber pipe comes in a kit that also includes a metal pipe which Vauxhall wanted £116+VAT I think. Needless to say, the garage bodged something together with no guarantee it would last and 25000 miles later, touch wood, it still works!

All the warning messages sound bad, but it is not always the case.

2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: kadjar

Last edit: by duracel3634.

poorly kadjar 3 years 5 months ago #3

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi, could be many things, engine banging normally indicates a misfire on a diesel.
That being said, it could be an air issue, the big hose on the inlet that duracel mentioned is a turbo hose, that would cause a dramatic loss in drive and performance and normally a lot of black smoke from the exhaust as the car can’t manage the fuel air mix and turbo pressure. Could be either, what have your garage said?

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds