• Page:

TOPIC:

Check injection warning light, spanner illuminated 3 years 4 months ago #1

• fixer
  • fixer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Evening all, finally managed to book my Kadjar in for repair following an ongoing warning light issue. Also had the urgent child lock recall done on the rear doors at the same time.
I don’t know about you, but when you have concrete information as to the fault, that is backed up by recognised industry partners, with scanned fault codes, print offs of codes etc. And you give the garage all the information as to the fault. And they still had to rebook because the part I told them it definitely required was not in stock. Even though it’s been in for the same fault previously, and they even tried to back out of an extended warranty. I’m seriously unimpressed. I know it’s unreasonable to expect them to carry all sensors in stock. But armed with information and even talking to their techs. They still failed to pre order the part. So annoyed.
Anyway, the fault is related to the inlet air temperature sensor. It only brings the warning up on first start. I can read and erase codes to allow the car to be driven normally and not in limp mode.
So now I have to take the car back. What a waste of my time fuel and energy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check injection warning light, spanner illuminated 3 years 4 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi

No matter of how good you are in diagnostic the authorised garage is only and fully responsible to order spare parts.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Check injection warning light, spanner illuminated 3 years 4 months ago #3

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I realise it, it’s just very frustrating as it’s now cost me two journeys to the dealer

Check injection warning light, spanner illuminated 3 years 2 months ago #4

• garydee77
  • Thank you received: 0
Hiya Fixer - can I ask you - what exactly was the error message you had? Sounds exactly like the situation I'm in right now.

I need to book in for that child safety lock issue - but we've had an error message pop up from before Xmas - first started as (this is from memory as I'm not with car right now) but 'Check Injection system' or something to that wording - then nowadays it states 'Check anti pollution system.

Car drives fine - however would like to obviously make sure all is ok.

I had my local mechanic do a once over (more a yearly check) and he did change filters of some sort - message did clear but was back the next day unfortunately.

So I will let the main Renault dealer look at it BUT I kinda want to go in armed with as much info as possible and have an idea of cost - I'm always wary of being taken advantage of - so prefer to know a bit of what its all about.

So was your message similar? Was it costly to get fixed may I ask?

Hopefully you can help - thank you!!
G

Check injection warning light, spanner illuminated 3 years 2 months ago #5

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Mine turned out to be air inlet temp sensor in the end. Renault did change it under warranty but couldn’t find my extended warranty details. And we’re going to happily charge me an investigation fee. But I stuck to my guns. Firstly it happened intermittently about two months ago under original manufacturer 4 year warranty. They had it in but found nothing. But they had erased fault codes and it was ok for a week. Again only on first start was it an issue. Took it back and they argued. But I said check records. I had to find my warranty stuff. They were not very helpful at all. Soon as I found the details they were fine. Done and dusted after second visit because they had to order part in. Fair enough. At no time did it come up with anti pollution warning just check injection. Anti pollution suggests emissions and potentially exhaust, DPF etc

Check injection warning light, spanner illuminated 3 years 1 month ago #6

• Gravy1709
  • Thank you received: 0
I get this message intermittently, and it seems more frequent if I fill up with Supermarket petrol rather than a brand. The message only pops up for 5 seconds or so, and there is no drop in performace. Sometimes it can go months without anything, then it will happen 2 or 3 times in a 30 minute journey. First appeared just after lockdown 1 in March, then nothing for ages, reappeared just after Christmas. I might get the child lock recall done and get the dealer to have a look while they have it.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds