Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

"Engine Failure Hazard" warning 3 years 2 months ago #1

• Fenlli
  • Fenlli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello there. My 17 registered Kadjar (1.5DCi) with 41,000 miles has been solid, reliable and fault-free since I bought it in mid-2018. However this morning when I tried to start it the engine made a couple of grunts and then the red “Engine Failure Hazard” red light appeared. It then refused to do anything.
I went for a walk and then tried again a few hours later. Th first attempt resulted in another couple of grunts but the red lamp didn’t illuminate this time. I tried again and the engine slowly started and after a few grumbles recovered to behave as normal.
So – my question: I google’d the warning lamp and injector failure appeared as a candidate. It’s been pretty icy here and I hadn’t started the car for several days. Could it have been down to fuel freezing a little and then a thaw meaning there was moisture in the injectors which has now pulled through? I’m not a teckie so my thinking may well be flawed. But I’m hoping that was it as it may have been a one-off. Has anyone else had this issue?
By the way – by sheer coincidence I’d booked my car in with Renault for a major service just an hour before the problem. You’d have thought the car would have been grateful instead of misbehaving !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Engine Failure Hazard" warning 2 years 6 months ago #2

• Brummie
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi Did you manage to figure out what the issue was?  I am getting the same error for the past couple of days.

"Engine Failure Hazard" warning 2 years 6 months ago #3

• Fenlli
  • Fenlli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi there.  I didn't really get to the bottom of it.  I think it probably was due to fuel waxing or something like that.  Anyway, after the engine got back to normal, as I mentioned in the original post, all was fine - I've had no similar problems since.  Probably doesn't help you too much I'm afraid....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brummie

"Engine Failure Hazard" warning 2 years 6 months ago #4

• Brummie
  • Thank you received: 7

Hi there.  I didn't really get to the bottom of it.  I think it probably was due to fuel waxing or something like that.  Anyway, after the engine got back to normal, as I mentioned in the original post, all was fine - I've had no similar problems since.  Probably doesn't help you too much I'm afraid....

Thank you. Just went through couple of articles about fuel waxing and all of them are pointing to temperature 32 degree F / Zero degree C at which point waxing might happen.  What I am wondering is, this problem hasn't happened until dealer's warranty period expired, which is strange.  And I got this error during this summer. 

Even yesterday it was showing that error but I feel that the engine runs without struggling.  Unfortunately, I am unable to rely and put my faith on the car for longer journeys with these annoying inconsistencies, which is very very sad.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds