Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gearbox/Cambelt or something else? 2 years 6 months ago #1

• Coachmanking
  • Coachmanking's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi All,
Any pointers would be gratefully received as it seems our local dealer is struggling to identify the issue!
Renault Kadjar Signature Nav S Diesel Automatic 2016 with 57000 milesIn July we experienced the spanner light and ESC light on the dashboard with a series of messages in the message window ( Check ESC, Check brakes, Check Injection, Check Hill start assist, etc) which subsequently put the vehicle into limp mode. If the vehicle was turned off and restarted the lights and messages disappeared and the vehicle would drive normally for several miles before doing the same again. The car was booked into the dealer and they informed us that they had identified the problem as DPF pressure sensor and pipe blocked and the vehicle would need some parts which were duly ordered.A week later we were contacted to say the vehicle had been fixed and was ready for collection. We collected the car and on our return journey home approx 12 miles the  spanner light and ESC light came on the dashboard with a series of messages in the message window ( Check ESC, Check brakes, Check Injection, Check Hill start assist, etc) which subsequently put the vehicle into limp mode - exactly the same issues as before!  We stopped the car and turned everything off and the faults cleared enabling us to continue our homeward journey.  As we approached home the vehicle displayed the same issues again with the addition of a gearbox overheating message. We stopped the vehicle and walked the remainder of our journey. A couple of hours later we went to the vehicle and it started without issue and we drove the remaining distance home without issue.We contacted the dealer and arranged to drop the car back to them and once again had the spanner light and ESC light on the dashboard light up with a series of messages in the message window ( Check ESC, Check brakes, Check Injection, Check Hill start assist, etc) which subsequently put the vehicle into limp mode. No gearbox overheating message was given.We arrived at the dealer and left the car running with the faults shown so that they could put it on to the diagnostic machine before the faults had cleared down. A couple of other sensors were identified and once again these were ordered and replaced and the car was left with the dealer to complete some thorough road tests. The sensors didn’t fix the problem and therefore further diagnostics took place and it was decided that a software upgrade was needed. This didn’t resolve the problem and further sensors were diagnosed and fitted. In September we collected the car from dealer and drove home without incident. The car had been with the dealer for 8 weeks for all but one day!  The car was used normally from early September and was taken on a 200mile round trip in mid September and everything was fine.Late September the spanner light and ESC light on the dashboard lit up with a series of messages in the message window ( Check ESC, Check brakes, Check Injection, Check Hill start assist, etc) which subsequently put the vehicle into limp mode – No gearbox message was given.  We contacted the dealer who arranged for us to drop the car off and the service manager thought that the problem could be related to either a cambelt slippage or a problem with the gearbox. Has anyone else experienced this problem and have managed to rectify it?Needless to say the car has been with the dealer now for a further 4 weeks with no definitive diagnosis. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gearbox/Cambelt or something else? 2 years 6 months ago #2

• Brummie
  • Thank you received: 7
I would love follow this thread to know the resolution.  My Kadjar 2016 Automatic Diesel kept giving me similar issues, then I used one of the fuel additives which seemed to have resolved the issue.  However, in an excitement to clean everything I poured injector cleaner additive.  After a while, I started getting various issues like the ones you have mentioned.

I haven't taken it to the dealer as they charge £99 inspection fee.  I am perfectly OK to pay it but dealers don't seem to fix things properly.  If one issue disappears, another one pops up.  I am not sure whether my issue is related to PCM/ECU or DPF Block or Injector or God knows what.

Please don't forget to update this thread with your findings which will bring peace to a number of Kadjar souls!!! :-)

Gearbox/Cambelt or something else? 2 years 6 months ago #3

• Coachmanking
Yes, will update as the saga progresses!! It seems that there are many people suffering similar problems but really concerning that the mastertech can't diagnose the problem for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brummie

Gearbox/Cambelt or something else? 2 years 6 months ago #4

• Brummie

Yes, will update as the saga progresses!! It seems that there are many people suffering similar problems but really concerning that the mastertech can't diagnose the problem for sure.

True. In fact mine has done only around 21,000 miles since 2016, yet this is what is happening.  Sadly the days of confidently relying on my Kadjar for longer journeys have vanished 

Gearbox/Cambelt or something else? 2 years 5 months ago #5

• Coachmanking
Update - the garage has reported that they believe the problem 
to be the exhaust timing so want to change the cambelt. Will update once this has been done. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brummie

Gearbox/Cambelt or something else? 2 years 5 months ago #6

• Brummie
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds