Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clean the diesel filter 2 years 3 months ago #1

• mikefearn83
  • mikefearn83's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi folks. 

car went in for a full service today. 1.5 dci 2017 with 27000 on the clock. 

only warning on the dash when went in was the service spanner together with a service due message. 

when I collected it the garage said that the spanner light was not only on because of the service due, but a fault was found on the DPF. They said it needs cleaning out and would need to be booked in. 
when I got into the car I immediately saw a new message on the dash saying CLEAN THE DIESEL FILTER together with the spanner light on still. I reset the service intervals to ensure they had been done and the light stayed presumably for the diesel filter. 

so, from me doing some searches CLEAN THE DIESEL FILTER appears to refer to the fuel filter not the DPF. The fuel filter has been changed today as part of the service. Is there any validity to them saying about the DPF or is this indeed the fuel filter and they are not telling me the whole truth. 

One thing that I thought, would the dash shout multiple error messages such as SERVICE DUE and CLEAN THE DIESEL FILTER, or would the service one only have shown until the service light was reset. 

thanks in advance. Mike. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Clean the diesel filter 2 years 3 months ago #2

• Brummie
  • Thank you received: 7
Dashboard generally displays multiple messages even for one issue, probably because each are interconnected.  For DPF you could try a quick solution. Buy DPF cleaner from Amazon or Wilko, pour it down and do a motorway drive for 30-45 minutes.  Most of the time this clears it off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds