Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Oil Usage 5 years 1 month ago #1

• SimonYaxley
  • SimonYaxley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Good Afternoon All,

My apologies if this question has been asked before, I did search the forums but couldn't find anything regarding my question.

I have a 2018 1.2 TCE Kadjar with just on 30000Km's (18641miles) and it's now due for it's second service. I bought the car new. I average about 2000Km's a month and since January I have had to top up the engine oil twice (+ - 1 litre in total) which seems rather extreme. I have done roughly 4000Km's(2485 miles) in this period. The engine doesn't smoke and there are no tell tale signs of an oil leak. The hand book does say that these engines do use oil as long as it doesn't use more than 500ml per 1000km's. I just want to know if this is common for the Kadjar 1.2 TCE or do I need to have the dealer look at it?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SimonYaxley.

Oil Usage 5 years 1 month ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
It's a known problem with the 1.2 TCe. I think it was discussed in the forum, but can't find it either. What I've read is, the engine is either repaired under warranty, or replaced with a new one. Go to the dealer and be impolite ;)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds