Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

• Drabber79
  • Drabber79's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, driving along the motorway today the message Stop Electric Failure Danger came up. I pulled over to the hard shoulder turned engine off and then back on again and all was fine. I carried on driving to my destination 45mins away and then again all the way home and car was fine. This has obviously knocked my confidence in the car and just wondered if this happened to anyone else.
Typically it’s just 2 weeks out of warranty!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
This kind of thing is not unique to the Kadjar and faults can clear themselves and the repair garage won't necessarily find any fault codes.

As an example, I was driving my works vehicle, different make and vehicle type, and was accelerating hard away from a roundabout on a dual carriageway when suddenly the power backed off to the point I was struggling to get above 2000 RPM and all sorts of warning lights came on along with messages like Check ESC, Check Hill Start Assistance, Check Injection System.

I pulled over in the next layby and waited for the RAC. They plugged in the computer, yes there were multiple fault codes. Started the engine and it was like nothing had happened. Drove back to my home town, with the RAC following, and it was like nothing had ever been wrong except for the warning messages. So this happened on a Thursday went straight to the dealer, they could not do anything there and then and it was suggested even if they plugged in the computer the codes are likely to have gone but booked the vehicle in for the Tuesday. They suggested I leave the vehicle with them which I refused as the vehicle appeared to be drivable and there were no RED warning lights only Amber, along with the warning messages.

The warning messages and lights started to disappear before Tuesday and all is well and I cancelled the dealer visit. This all happened back in January and, touch wood, no further issues.

I recently got the Gizmo to plug into the vehicle to check for codes and there is nothing showing.

Sometimes it can be as simple as a sensor glitch and nothing serious and other times not so much so.

Always respect the lights and make a judgement call.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Drabber79
  • Drabber79's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your reply. There are no warning lights on now and haven’t been any since I restarted the car just after the incident. I think I might call the dealer in the morning but I suspect any error codes will have now gone.

Thanks again

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I can make mine do it at will simply by doing a false start, ie double pressing the start then stop button or easing off the clutch before the starter has stopped spinning, ie, by doing a "dirty" start. Not seen that warning but several other spurious red lights and text. Never come back after restart.:)

Last edit: by turboted10.

• AlexP
  • Thank you received: 8
I've got the same Electric Failure message and red STOP light last year when the car was about 6 months old and I was driving for at least 1 hour continuously. I pulled over and restarted the car and everything came back to normal. Interesting fact was that the Radio stopped working when the warning appeared. It didn't happen again, so a did not go to the dealer but I mentioned this at 1st year service and they checked it without finding any error recorded.

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Is personally check the battery connections, the only time I’ve repeated this is leaving the battery loose when I was tracing cables around car, left the battery loose then got a lid of error messages when trying to start,
It all cleared when it was terminated correctly.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds