Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Air con warranty 4 years 9 months ago #1

• jbainbridge
  • jbainbridge's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
My new to me 23 month old Kadjar went in to Renault yesterday as the air con was barely working. The receptionist took the key and started to explain that it could be wear and tear etc.

Fortunately they called me to report a leak had been found and it would be covered by the warranty.

My understanding is that the air con is a closed system .. how they can justify charging people for a regas during the warranty period is beyond me. Just wondering if anyone has ever escalated it to Renault UK and how you got on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Air con warranty 4 years 9 months ago #2

• karl70
  • Thank you received: 6
I purchased my new to me 32 month old Kadjar 2 weeks ago (1 owner and only 7500 miles on the clock) it still has warranty and extended warranty (courtesy of the previous owner :silly: ) and I read the terms and conditions of the warranty a couple of days after purchase. I seem to recall that re-gasing the air con was exempt from the warranty along side things like tyre wear and tear etc.
Signature s nav bose Nov 2016 model, currently at 7500 miles. 1.2 petrol, glacier white, R-link2 Version: 2.2.19.300

Air con warranty 4 years 9 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I purchased my new to me 32 month old Kadjar 2 weeks ago (1 owner and only 7500 miles on the clock) it still has warranty and extended warranty (courtesy of the previous owner :silly: ) and I read the terms and conditions of the warranty a couple of days after purchase. I seem to recall that re-gasing the air con was exempt from the warranty along side things like tyre wear and tear etc.

Spot on!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds