Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1.5 auto engine chip? 5 years 10 months ago #1

• Janeyandpaul
  • Janeyandpaul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, Depending on how my service goes next week, i.e. Renault repair or replace my split drivers seat and sort out my so called “Pure Vision” headlights which have fogged up on the inside, I may keep the car. If I do I’m considering buying a plug and go chip which apparently gives the car more torque and more MPG. I have a friend who said their son did it to one of his cars a few years ago with great success . Has anyone else out there done this to their Kadjar?
 Thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1.5 auto engine chip? 5 years 10 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Well, buying and fitting "universal chiptuning box" for a few quits is waste of that money and damage to engine. If you want to have quality tuning then tuner must built uniqe map just for your car based on mesured values. Just reporting engine ECU that pressure is too low and fake air flow won't do any good to engine. And of course, that kind of quality tuning (basically remaping) cost at least few hundred quits...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janeyandpaul

1.5 auto engine chip? 5 years 9 months ago #3

• MD99
  • Thank you received: 6
I have a 1.2 petrol auto but these people in UK https://tdi-tuning.com/ do easy self install kit for most Renault engine variants. Good torque increase and no imprint on car ECU once unplugged . Can be reprogrammed to a new car and a new harness too. Quick despatch and real company not just e-tailer who can  install too, but its a 5 min job once worked out how to open connector clips.

Last edit: by MD99.

1.5 auto engine chip? 5 years 9 months ago #4

• Quad_cam_turbo
  • Thank you received: 7
Tuning boxes work on adapting various parameters.
If they connect to fuel rail and MAF/MAP sensor then you have something which is a bit more potent than a simple fuel interconnect tuning box. The more sensors to which the box connects, the more appropriate the effect on the engine's base map. All you are really doing is making the ECU think the environment it's functioning in is different to what it really is.

Those which connect simply to fuel pressure sensors in diesels essentially tell the car it's not putting in enough diesel, so the car ups the fuel pressure. This reduces life of the pump and also has impacts on emissions. The thing with diesel is that you can essentially dump more fuel in and get more power. 
If you get your ECU remapped, you'll see an increase in torque, but your fuel pressure won't be raised unnecessarily. your turbo output request will also be modified to suit your requirements. You can choose to have a linear or steep torque curve and a tuner can modify the map for peak power, torque (for towing) or economy (if fuel saving is your aim). a tuning box would likely show you a fuel saving on the dash but that's because the car is using more fuel than it thinks it is.

I'm fairly experienced with remapping on petrols and I'll be honest, it's more difficult to screw up the map on a diesel than a petrol, but the basics remain - a tuning box which just alters the amount of fuel delivered to the car is never going to do it a world of good.

As a 1.2TCE owner, I know this engine can be mapped for 165-170bhp and 250Nm of torque. I'm not doing it on account of warranty, but I'm happy it can take that.

A bit wordy, but I hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janeyandpaul, OldAndLame

Last edit: by Quad_cam_turbo.

1.5 auto engine chip? 4 years 9 months ago #5

• tripletdad
  • Thank you received: 0

Hi, Depending on how my service goes next week, i.e. Renault repair or replace my split drivers seat and sort out my so called “Pure Vision” headlights which have fogged up on the inside, I may keep the car. If I do I’m considering buying a plug and go chip which apparently gives the car more torque and more MPG. I have a friend who said their son did it to one of his cars a few years ago with great success . Has anyone else out there done this to their Kadjar?
 Thanks 

hi ,hope you dont mind me asking but i have same issue with near side headlight and drivers seat,,how did you get on with the renualt wty??

1.5 auto engine chip? 4 years 9 months ago #6

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
As above, it is something only to be considered after the warranty has expired, IMHO of course.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds