Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

New to Renault - some initial urgent help please! 3 years 4 months ago #7

• GordonM
  • GordonM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for your help - may I impose on you and other Kadjar owners for some more!
I have just spent 2 hours in my car trying to set everything up from the book on the System and have had some success but try as I might I cannot find the answers and how to sort them out for the following:

1. On the dash to left of speedo the is a tree with white leaves - is this something to do with Eco as i have switched off Eco on the button to right of speedo and it is still showing and I do not want you use ECO.

2. Have two figeres fo mileage showing - total mileage and 'recent mileage'. Cannot make recent mileage zero. How can I do this? (on my Peugeot all I did was push and hold a button).

3.To the right of the digital speed there is a small car icon. What is this and can/should it be removed? I think I have already switched in the Alerts for speed cameras and alo the audible warning on the screen settings!

4. Have only had the car a few days and the 'keycard' works perfectly for opening doors and starting but.......only once a message flashed up a warning of 'keycard battery low'. What does this mean? Do I have to have a new battery fitted in the card?

5. Finally! I cannot find in the manual which petrol to use. On my last Peugeot with a similar (1.2) engine I used the basic supermarket unleaded (Ron95?) but some people say to use the higher octane. Is there a preference please? As I only drive about 60 miles a week cost does not matter.

Thanks so much everyone. Answers in simple terms please as I am in my 80s!

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to Renault - some initial urgent help please! 3 years 4 months ago #8

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Thanks for your help - may I impose on you and other Kadjar owners for some more!
I have just spent 2 hours in my car trying to set everything up from the book on the System and have had some success but try as I might I cannot find the answers and how to sort them out for the following:

1. On the dash to left of speedo the is a tree with white leaves - is this something to do with Eco as i have switched off Eco on the button to right of speedo and it is still showing and I do not want you use ECO.
This is your driving style, the more leaves that are showing the better your driving/fuel use. If you actually had the Eco function switched on it would show in the display - Eco. With this on it would restrict hard acceleration.

2. Have two figeres fo mileage showing - total mileage and 'recent mileage'. Cannot make recent mileage zero. How can I do this? (on my Peugeot all I did was push and hold a button).
With the total mileage and trip mileage in the display, just hold the OK button on the right of the steering wheel, it will flash and then zero. You can also zero other stuff such as MPG Av MPH etc., just go to one of them and do the same by holding the OK button. Be warned that in this area if you zero say Av MPH, everything else will be zeroed except for the trip mileage.

3.To the right of the digital speed there is a small car icon. What is this and can/should it be removed? I think I have already switched in the Alerts for speed cameras and alo the audible warning on the screen settings!
Off the top of my head, can't think what this one is

4. Have only had the car a few days and the 'keycard' works perfectly for opening doors and starting but.......only once a message flashed up a warning of 'keycard battery low'. What does this mean? Do I have to have a new battery fitted in the card?
One of your remotes requires a battery change, I usually change both at the same time, about once a year. Use Duracell batteries as there have been mixed results with other brands reported in the Forum

5. Finally! I cannot find in the manual which petrol to use. On my last Peugeot with a similar (1.2) engine I used the basic supermarket unleaded (Ron95?) but some people say to use the higher octane. Is there a preference please? As I only drive about 60 miles a week cost does not matter.
I personally go to Tescos and fill up using Momentum, the regular Unleaded is OK as well

Thanks so much everyone. Answers in simple terms please as I am in my 80s!

Gordon

2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: GordonM

New to Renault - some initial urgent help please! 3 years 4 months ago #9

• GordonM
  • GordonM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Thank you so much duracell for relying so promptly - this is brilliant!
I would never have guessed about the 'tree' - Inever used ECO on my Peugeot.
I will now carry out these points tomorrow.

Just one final thing re. the card batteries. Are they easy to put in myself? It says in manual that back comes off to show a 'manual key' Is that where the battery goes and how does it slide open?

Think I will use the premium fuel.

Thanks agin

Gordon

New to Renault - some initial urgent help please! 3 years 4 months ago #10

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Gordon, when my battery needed changing I went to my local car spares shop (a bit like Halfords but selling only car related stuff) and asked them to change the battery for me. I only paid for the battery, it was a two minute job. You could of course try a Halfords, I'm sure they'd help a lad like you, they did me and I'm only in my seventies. With regard to the eco tree, Go into the display menu and you can change the instrument panel display to another, I think there are four, all with a different colour. The one you have is the only one with this tree on it. Just for the record, Tesco's normal Lead-free petrol is perfectly ok, but that of course is your choice.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

New to Renault - some initial urgent help please! 3 years 4 months ago #11

• Neiloky1
  • Thank you received: 6
The keycard slides open ...while holding the key upright push the back up here you will also find the emergency key... I use a very small screwdriver to slowly ease the battery out (google it) there are lots of videos on YouTube as well...as for the small car icon is your car a 4x4 .? mine shows the power distribution to all 4 wheels..you can change it to other things by pressing the button that has 2 overlapping squares on the right of your steering wheel.

New to Renault - some initial urgent help please! 3 years 4 months ago #12

• Neiloky1
  • Thank you received: 6

Keyfob battery replacement

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds