Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar 1.2 SNav Autp Automatic Gearbox Delay and and jolting in reverse 5 years 7 months ago #1

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all  We have a bit of an "issue" with my wife's 6 month old  Kadjar Auto. 1.2 Nav S.    When she engages reverse gear on a slope there is a 2/3 second delay and then the gearbox suddenly engages and lurches backward .  I am told it has always done this however I purchased the identical can and took delivery last week and mine does not do it.

Car was at Renault Dealership  today and we have been told there is no fault.  I asked how then is mine working perfectly and they could not explain.  I understand another owner recently has returned their Kadjar for the same reason  But still no fault was found.  Have any other owners experienced this "issue"?   It is almost as it the gearbox is low on Transmission Fluid  but I know this is OK

Help please!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar 1.2 SNav Autp Automatic Gearbox Delay and and jolting in reverse 5 years 7 months ago #2

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I bought my 1.2 Auto S Nav new in April and initially didn't realise that Hill Start Assist worked in reverse as well. I've tried it out on a slope of about 30% (not too steep) and found it works OK-providing you don't wait too long before pressing the throttle, and when you do, press it quite gently. Otherwise it can jump back a bit.
I'm still nervous about this operation but I have to say it does work.
The whole Hill Start Assist business always worries me a bit and I confess I miss the old hand brake.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Kadjar 1.2 SNav Autp Automatic Gearbox Delay and and jolting in reverse 5 years 7 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
You can apply it and release it manually, old-style manner :)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Kadjar 1.2 Nav S Auto Automatic Gearbox Delay and and jolting in reverse 5 years 7 months ago #4

• AndyB53
  • AndyB53's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello.  This is not a problem with the parking brake.  Even if the brake is manually off.  You put the car in reverse, foot off foot-brake and accelerate and NOTHING for 2~ 3 seconds.then suddenly it seem to engage the gear and jolts backward  so it is not possible to smoothly go back in reverse especially on a hill. This is happening to my wife's car not mine.  She bought it in Nov 2017.  I took delivery of mine last Saturday  I only noticed this when I took drove mine after driving hers.  Renault say there is no fault but they agree it is doing it!    When I ask why hers does it and not mine, they cannot answer 

Kadjar 1.2 Nav S Auto Automatic Gearbox Delay and and jolting in reverse 5 years 7 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Cause they probably had software (or less likely hardware) issues with the previous batches, which is already fixed, but they keep quiet about it. I drive manual, but this problem is already posted before. I've seen it in Megane sections also ;) 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Kadjar 1.2 SNav Autp Automatic Gearbox Delay and and jolting in reverse 5 years 7 months ago #6

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19

You can apply it and release it manually, old-style manner :)

Yes, I've tied that but that seems to accentuate the lurch.
Maybe I'm applying too many revs.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds