Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

With some sadness... 5 years 5 months ago #7

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Towing capacity of 1.6 dCi is 1.800 kg. Means that when you have towing a caravan in mind then you should pick this engine... data was available on web on official website.
I have 1.6 dCi 4WD and average millage is 45 mpg during last 15.000 miles. Motorway mostly, always on top speed limit  (80-85 mph). With carefull driving can get 48-50 mpg easily.
Kuga in FWD (2.0 TDCi) has 1.900 kg towing capacity.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

With some sadness... 5 years 5 months ago #8

• Guzzilazz
  • Guzzilazz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Unfortunately towing capacity isn't the limiting factor, it's Vehicle Kerb Weight... Kadjar is 1536kg  that means it's illegal to tow anything heavier than that.  Towing capacity is the limit the manufacturer sets for what the components will take... Recommendation is that you only tow a trailer of 85% of Kerb weight, or 1306kg
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

Last edit: by Guzzilazz.

With some sadness... 5 years 5 months ago #9

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Obviously based on local regulation...
In mine Kadjar's handbook stands that overall weight of trailer with brakes can be MTR-MMAC (max overall weight of car and trailer - overall car weight included passangers and luggage). There is sticker on back right door; so MTR is 3859kg and MMAC is 2059kg. 
Other regulation is that my driving licencse B category permits me to drive a viechle (with or without trailer) with overall maximum weight 3500kg. If I want to tow hevier trailer (up to 4500kg overall height) I need to have BkE category.
So it is obviously that you limited with local (UK) regulations.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

With some sadness... 5 years 5 months ago #10

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
The 1.6 dci 4x4 has a towing capacity of 1800kg that’s why we went for it... We get great mpg when we are not towing which was another reason we did not go for another Honda or ford.We are away this week with the caravan and have already see some big caravans being towed by suv ‘s that should not be towing a caravan that big..., good luck and happy times ahead ...

With some sadness... 4 years 3 months ago #11

• kadjartour99
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
Just noticed your comment about the Kadjar 19in wheels. I've only had my used Kadjar 3 months and the 19in wheels are just terrible over bumps, even the slightest shakes you in the seat. Did you have these problems too, did you ever find a solution? What tyres are you running? Many thanks.

Last edit: by kadjartour99.

With some sadness... 4 years 3 months ago #12

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
In winter we have a set of 17 inch with 215/60/17 much better ride but the 19s are crash bang on local roads . The original contis are poor in every way have gone for Nexen tyres better ride not by much but much quieter

Last edit: by Roxy1234.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds