Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bloody daytime running lights, don't you just love them, (not) 5 years 1 month ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Ok, not a specific Kadjar issue but since I've had the car I have noticed loads of folks giving more space when I'm turning left as they wait to come out. Ok, that bit's good. But I figured it's because in bright daylight the turn indicator is lost within the wrap around DRL's. Loads of cars like this so not singling out Renault..

However today I was driving near home, signalling to turn left into quite a swept tee junction, ie, could be taken at 25mph easily. A jogger was headed down the road, paused at the point she had to cross the road, even made eye contact then dismissed me and jogged straight out in front. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

but worse, well I can tell you she should sign up for sprint because if she hadn't put a spurt on I'd be wearing her as a headdress.  Ok. I make light of it but believe it was scary. There needs to be new regs regarding wrap around DRL's as some/many are out and out dangerous. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bloody daytime running lights, don't you just love them, (not) 5 years 1 month ago #2

• ME13Andy
  • Thank you received: 2
You realise if a pedestrian has started crossing and traffic wants to turn into the road, then they have priority and traffic should give way? I'm not criticising, it's just that it's a section of the Highway Code that most motorists either ignore or aren't aware of.

I also agree about the indicators on the mk1 Kadjar (and any similar car lights).

2019 Titanium 1.3 TCE 140 GT-LINE
Running Rlink 2 Version: 7
Map Version: V2017.12

Bloody daytime running lights, don't you just love them, (not) 5 years 1 month ago #3

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I'm fully aware of that and do consider myself a very courteous and careful driver . This happened at point blank range on a clear view road. Straight off the kerb after stopping and looking and seeing me, way to close for comfort. I've driven for 55 years and not picked up a bonnet passenger yet, don't intend to start now.

Our MOT station has raid the issue with vosa, on some models of car they can't tell if the indicators are on in the mirror from the driving seat on new cars with DRL,s quite a bit on the net about it if you check it out.

Last edit: by turboted10.

Bloody daytime running lights, don't you just love them, (not) 5 years 1 month ago #4

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199

You can fix that issue regarding DLR and turn signal with DDT4All. This is my car

2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Last edit: by Robertp.

Bloody daytime running lights, don't you just love them, (not) 5 years 1 month ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

You can fix that issue regarding DLR and turn signal with DDT4All. This is my car

Quite cool actually. Which are the changed parameters?
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Bloody daytime running lights, don't you just love them, (not) 5 years 1 month ago #6

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi

se attached PDF. You speak and read German better than me, so I assume that will make you no problem.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds