• Page:

TOPIC:

Nearly 3 years with the Kadjar so looking forward 5 years 3 days ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Ok forgive me if several of my recent posts have been about life after Kadjar, but that's the way it is. Some folks think the kadjar is the perfect car, won't listen to others, fine.

However I will ignore all that.
I have just spent a record sunny easter weekend here in the UK mostly looking at new cars, (best fast show impression removed). Been to Vx, Nissan, Ford, Peugeot, Mini, Skoda and VW and Renault again. Looked at Mazda also as him next door is a Mazda dealer.

I'm brain dead/over exposed/ so have decided to sit it out and wait a while.

So, the alternatives and my conclusions:

VX, 10 years behind the comp in style.

Nissan, can you buy a 10 year old designed qashqai now when it gets totally replaced next year. However the top spec Qashqai ticks almost every box at a very good price compared to the rest. Shame about the tech.

Kuga, looks superb, add ons sparse, sales guys too blase for me.

Peugeot, wife loves 2008, me 3008, they are nice, and head and shoulders above the rest in terms of style and kit. Lack of leather seats as standard at our level is the issue

Mini Countryman just too small as an mid sized SUV.

Karoq too big and has VW price tag hanging on its neck, others not compatible, VW does fit my spec/price level.

Renault again? likely not, still a great car but new model offers little over older cars and past owner issues really have soured me.

Mazda, no great spec to cx-5 at my price level,

I looked also at Toyota, smaller car altogether but apart from full leather the hybrid CH-r does appeal and I do fancy owning at least 1 hybrid car.

Others not looked at, must see kia and hyundai and take another look at Merc gla 200 and smaller BMW's

Conclusion, 1) I'm indecisive
2) loads of lovely cars out there for us inc the Kadjar,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by turboted10.

Nearly 3 years with the Kadjar so looking forward 5 years 3 days ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
He he... mine is also early 2016 (Jan, 4th) ani it will be with us another 4 years at least. This year I will replace my Modus 2010 with brand new Suzuki Swift 1.2 Elegance Hybrid (GLX)...Kadjar will be replaced either with MB GLA/GLB, Volvo XC40... no VAG derivate. Will see what will come out... maybe Mazda...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Nearly 3 years with the Kadjar so looking forward 5 years 2 days ago #3

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Great subject, interesting take on things, reminds me of getting my Megane, needed a sport tourer but ended up getting a hatchback through a few errors and waiting time.

I love my Kadjar, I enjoy driving it and enjoyed doing the little bits and pieces to make it my own, I’m not about to part with it yet, but I doubt that I’d have another, basically because I’ve had one and they’d a load of others to choose from.
We’ve done it before, twice getting the same model newer spec and regretted it because it’s the same thing. Most recent was the Juke which has departed and replaced with a CHR, be it not full leather but all the tricks, self park, cameras electric stuff, even steers the car back into the lane you’re departing from if you let go of the steering. While it’s not as roomy inside as the Kadjar it’s a great car but not without its niggles but I’d find something no matter what it is!

Nearly 3 years with the Kadjar so looking forward 5 years 4 hours ago #4

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Interesting Darren, we spent an hour in the toyota dealership yesterday looking at the CHR hybrid, test drive is Sunday. It's better and more spacious than I imagined looking at it from the outside and now due to a change of plans will not replace the Kadjar but the Clio we own. We may manage with 1 car in the future so looking at it from a different perspective now..

It's actually quite difficult to choose between the excell and the dynamic , the top 2 in the range. Problem is the excell is the more luxurious of the 2 the dynamic looking much sportier but strangely losing leather seats when you go to the next level?????. It's probably the excell hybrid for us.

Having looked at all brands that appealed now I have come to 1 conclusion, you simply can't find all the nice bits as standard on ant model in any range so it's always a compromise, and as you say the CHR packs more stuff as standard in a cheaper package than a lot of others. Of to have another look at a different Toyota dealership today as we couldn't view an excell or dynamic in the flesh yesterday.

After a 2nd visit it seems the CHR hybrid is in high demand, if ordered today, late april, delivery won't be until september.

Nearly 3 years with the Kadjar so looking forward 4 years 11 months ago #5

• rba100
  • Thank you received: 3
The 3008 is what I would have bought had I the money, but the Kadjar is £10 cheaper more or less. Very happy with K, saying that.

Nearly 3 years with the Kadjar so looking forward 4 years 11 months ago #6

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

The 3008 is what I would have bought had I the money, but the Kadjar is £10 cheaper more or less. Very happy with K, saying that.

And so are the vast majority of us, but when it's time for a change,.........................................:) :) £10 cheaper/more expensive????, are you Scottish or from Yorkshire,

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds