• Page:

TOPIC:

1.5dci Fuel consumption 5 years 9 months ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Had a few reasonable length runs recently and some fuel figures plus a few conclusions. This is largely just backing up what I've found over the past 20 months.

145 mile journey. 1st 80 miles on motorway at a cruise controlled 63mph gave 75.1mpg. Remainder of journey gave an overall figure of 72.5, this was mainly good dual carriageway with only 10 miles on minor lanes.

Return journey was the same route but with a hell of a lot of traffic, travelled 8 miles in 1,5 hrs at 1 point on the M1. Return figure, (journey back), overall was 69mpg and a lot of this was just rolling in 2nd gear.

These are by far the best figures I've seen over a distance and put it down to several things. Condition were dead calm, no wind either way, the Kadjar suffers heavily in a headwind as it also does above 70mph. 
cruise control and ECO function don't mix, you can easily beat your own figures by feeding the throttle in yourself. However turn ECO off and it's much closer.

Car has done 10k miles

Accidentally put this in the wrong section admin, if it can be moved to general...............

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by turboted10.

1.5dci Fuel consumption 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
I am not so lucky, i toodle more around town nowadays, at the moment with air con on full i am getting 42.6 mpg over this tank full.

its getting down to two bars on the gauge so in the next few weeks it will be a trip to petrol station.

Filling up with the Devils Fuel is the one job i hate, plastic gloves at standby. whatever happened to the man who came and filled you up, I do so miss them 

we should demand them bring them back 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

1.5dci Fuel consumption 5 years 9 months ago #3

• arkoko
  • Thank you received: 4
Same there. My current value is 5.8 l/100km. It's about 40.55 mpg
Kadjar Intens Energy "Flame Red" 1,5dCi EDC (2017)

1.5dci Fuel consumption 5 years 9 months ago #4

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
You must both have lead feet, 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

1.5dci Fuel consumption 5 years 9 months ago #5

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
how can you have lead feet around town its all start stop trafic i get excited to get up to 30mph 

in my area its very hilly in fact there are more hills going up than coming down it seems, guiness book records on standby 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

1.5dci Fuel consumption 5 years 9 months ago #6

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

how can you have lead feet around town its all start stop trafic i get excited to get up to 30mph 

in my area its very hilly in fact there are more hills going up than coming down it seems, guiness book records on standby 

You must have, my daily journeys are a 4 mile round trip to Tesco's, 3 miles and back to No1 daughters and a quick run around town every now and then, all short journeys at the wrong time of day. I left the av fuel consumption clicking on for 1k miles before this check, 53 ish mpg and no runs of even 20 miles.

The thing about hills is that unless you never return home, the average equates to level. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds