Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 Renault Kadjar 1.3Tce GT Line EDC 4 years 9 months ago #1

• Pentris
  • Pentris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
I have recently upgraded from a 1.2Tce Kadjar Dynamique to a 2019 Kadjar 1.3Tce GT Line Edc petrol automatic. This is to give members some idea of my observations of the new car compared to my old one.
Purchasing this new Kadjar has been a very long and painful process which I doubt I will ever repeat. This will probably be my last Renault purchase as I am too old to be lied to and the very poor sales service.

I now have automatic door mirror closing. My old one was an early version without this option.
The daylight running lights do go out when the indicators are used making it easier for people to see the indicators. Salesman had no idea about this.
The indicators are now very large, much better to be seen. Far better than many expensive cars that have miniscule indicator lights.
There is an ambient internal light but not in the footwells, only under the centre console. Salesman had no idea about this.
Remote locking is very poor and I am switching it off. When you get out of the drivers door and close it the car locks before you can open the rear door or boot. The active zone for the remote is very poor.
I don't like the air distribution system. If you click on 'automatic' the air distribution changes to front vents. Any changes to the air distribution takes off the auto setting and returns to manual. Not very clever.
I find the engine 'growls' a lot, quite noisy compared to the old 1.2 petrol. Not a good improvement.
I have been using the 'eco' mode so that I can compare to how I drove the old car. I used to get 38-48mpg, I now get 32-36mpg. This was supposed to be an improvement. Back in the 1970's I had a Ford Corsair 1500cc which averaged 35-38mpg, as far as I can see there is no improvement over 50years despite what the manufacturers say.
Salesman told me I could not have dashcam wired as it would invalidate warranty. When I reminded him that a dashcam is now a Renault option he would still not agree. Service department fitted the permanent hard wiring for me without an issue.
This car comes with good carpets and boot liner. Salesman told me it didn't but he would throw them in for free.
I like the wheels, they look smart and are easy to keep clean.
Although this is a petrol car the filler cap labels are all in Black which gives a visual indication it is a diesel if the customer does not know what the octane numbers mean. Very poor it should be clearly indicated on a green label that it is Unleaded Petrol Only.
Thats my observations over the first month of use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634, AOne, Boyko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Renault Kadjar 1.3Tce GT Line EDC 4 years 9 months ago #2

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Thanks for the feedback, I am considering the same upgrade at some point. Overall, putting the inadequate sales service aside, do you consider the upgrade worth it?
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

2019 Renault Kadjar 1.3Tce GT Line EDC 4 years 9 months ago #3

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I've read before that the upgraded 1.3 engine is less economical than the 1.2. Presumably, the 1.2 is no longer available. I'm happy with my 1.2 which gives good fuel economy and has enough power-for me, anyway.
I also don't like the indicators being housed with the DRLs. It will be all to easy to misread that at a junction.
I sometimes think car manufacturers update models just for the sake of it. I think that's what's happened to the Kadjar. I'm glad I bought mine when I did.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

2019 Renault Kadjar 1.3Tce GT Line EDC 4 years 9 months ago #4

• tynesider
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Interesting topic but have to disagree on a few points based on the new 1.3 petrol I bought in June this year.
  • I did test drives a 1.2 (it was on special offer) and the performance was considerably different with the bigger 1.3 Turbo engine very lively even with EKO on.
    Fuel economy with EKO on over a 230 mile motorway trip part time with cruise control 48 mpg
    General running around town 40 mpg
And everything works so far (1520 miles)

Yes a happy bunny with my new Kadjar
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

The following user(s) said Thank You: jk1526

2019 Renault Kadjar 1.3Tce GT Line EDC 4 years 9 months ago #5

• Pentris
Terryp
I said in my observations that the DRLs go out when the amber indicator is on. That removes any possible confusion between a constant white light and a flashing amber light.

2019 Renault Kadjar 1.3Tce GT Line EDC 4 years 9 months ago #6

• Pentris
Boyko
I was very happy with my old Kadjar and only upgraded because Renault asked to buy back my old one. In hindsight despite the minor improvements I should have kept the old one.

Last edit: by Pentris.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds