Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
This Category is specifically for the engine 1.2 TCE as there seems to be a suggestion that there may be a floor with the design.

Boyko has made the suggestion that there is a more dedicated thread for all things relating to this Engine, so here it is starting with the email he sent me.

TOPIC:

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 6 months ago #1

• sambec
  • sambec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18
I have never opened my bonnet with the engine running but I did today. I have attached a video showing the engine running and noticed a rattling noise when idling. the car has only done 7500 mls since new can anybody tell me if the noise is normal (it disappears when the engine is reved up.)thanks in advance.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 6 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I have never opened my bonnet with the engine running but I did today. I have attached a video showing the engine running and noticed a rattling noise when idling. the car has only done 7500 mls since new can anybody tell me if the noise is normal (it disappears when the engine is reved up.)thanks in advance.

Sorry to say we do not accept Members uploading video due to the larger space required on the server to hold the data.
We do not permit the ZIP files to be accessible via the actual forum due to security implications for other members downloading the file unless it has been checked first by us and then it will only be available possibly via the download section and would need to be uploaded by an Admin.

I would suggest, if you do not already have one, setting up a Youtube account where you can upload your video files and then link to that file to display it here.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know through the Help Desk on the top menu.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 6 months ago #3

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Mine's only done 7500 miles since new like yours. Like you I have never had the bonnet open (nor on my previous car), that's why I buy new. I should imagine that all engines rattle when cold until reaching working temperature. I can't honestly say I have noticed. Why did you open the bonnet in the first place? I would only do so to top up washer bottle for example although that gets done during the service so I don't need to bother. Also my USB stick is permanently on full blast so I would never notice anything amiss until the engine dropped out!
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 6 months ago #4

• sambec
  • sambec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18
I check water and oil levels every week (habit) and always done this with the engine cold.
but this time i decided to open the bonnet with the engine running and at normal temp thats when i noticed the noise.
 i have put a youtube link so you can hear the rattle noise.
thanks

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 6 months ago #5

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
See what you mean sambec. I'll have a look and listen under the bonnet tomorrow morning and see what mine sounds like. Will let  you know.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 6 months ago #6

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
that sounds very like the injectors firing or the turbo dump valve 

I dont want to think it could be the cam chain tensioner not at this millage  
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds