Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #7

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Ah...... I understand ;-)
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #8

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
The two sets of maps are done already, and I'm with them. Pretty cool, especially the 3D buildings :) (mainly in the bigger towns). Thanks to the guru (Boyko). Everything works flawlessly, including speedcams, live traffic and others. 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #9

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I am interested in what Robertp will share - maybe a more recent TomTom variant of the maps? Following
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #10

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I do not have enough knowledge to build archives for Kadjar. But I will prepare DL link shortly and you can build it. Maps are latest the greatest… iGO Here 2018.Q4

So, here is a link for source:  http://ovh.to/nMwj7vv 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Last edit: by Robertp.

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #11

• juwlz
  • juwlz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

There is quite a long thread on this HERE and also an Article HERE that may be of use to you.

I would wait until you get the car, find out what version of RLINK it is running and then go from there.

Going back to the original topic of this thread (which has rather been hijacked by a discussion of maps), from the long thread  (about enabling Developer Mode) that you linked to @duracel3634, there's a suggestion that only Kadjars from 2017 onwards have the necessary hardware. 

Also, RLink 2 is based on Android 4.0.4, whereas RLink 3 is Android 5 (which all sounds pretty horrific to me, as those versions of Android are 5 and 4 years old, respectively - I dread to think of how many security issues have been identified since then!  But cars move much more slowly than phones.) "Based on" could mean a number of things, including that RLink3 is a modified version of AOSP Android 5, or that it is a front end app that runs on Android 5.

We now have the car (a 2015 model), which DID have RLink 2.2.17, but my impatient other half has now updated it to 2.19.300 before I had a chance to read through any of the information here (and, as he puts it "While I don’t mind playing around with non-supported software on my phone or pc, or DVR, I’m not sure I want to be doing that on a car.") - so I guess we're stuffed?  

Having said that, the Article doesn't seem to differentiate between different variants of 2.2.  And what are the risks of updating to unsupported software? 

The long thread appears to be more to do with enabling Developer Mode, rather than updating RLink / adding Android Auto though.  
2015(65) Renault KADJAR 1.5dCi Signature Nav

Last edit: by juwlz.

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #12

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Long thing short: it is recomended to have 2.2.19.300 version before do upgrade to 3.3.16.961.  Even downgrade version file is 2.2.19.300.
Android auto was issued or at least specs were known in time of presenting first R-Link 2 devices in Espace V... CarPlay were developed latter.
And R-Link is more industrial device, rather then mobile phone, so comparing which build is where is a bit irelevant...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: juwlz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds