Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #19

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Yes indeed, the upgrade file we use for our Kadjars is originally from a romanian Megane diesel. That is why the camera guidelines are misaligned - they are in fact aligned for the Megane reverse camera position and not the Kadjars.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #20

• Aeropars
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Guys,

Is this only for Android Auto or would CarPlay also work by doing this?

Thanks
Year of Manufacture: 2016
Colour: Red
CC: 1600 Diesel
Model: Signature Nav S
Gearbox: Manual
Extras: None
Rlink Version: 7.0.24.161 Boot 5615

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #21

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
CarPlay can not run on V2 units as the USB power is insufficient. So - only Android Auto.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 1 month ago #22

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
but can change front module for est. 158EUR (part number from V2 R-Link2 model; ours are V1)... But nobody tried or reported jet. If the problem is in chip on USB then this replacement should work. If the issue is also power then might be problem in device as well.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 2 weeks ago #23

• Bes165
  • Thank you received: 0
I've upgraded R-Link to v3 and got Android Auto working but have one small issue. Can anyone tell me how I change the settings from km to miles when using google maps. On the screen, when I view maps it displays in miles, e.g. 10 miles to my destination, but if I look at the navigation on the my dashboard it reads in kilometers and the voice announcements are in kilometers too. I've checked the settings within Google Maps on my phone and it is set to miles so must be something within R-Link that needs changing??

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 5 years 2 weeks ago #24

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

I've upgraded R-Link to v3 and got Android Auto working but have one small issue. Can anyone tell me how I change the settings from km to miles when using google maps. On the screen, when I view maps it displays in miles, e.g. 10 miles to my destination, but if I look at the navigation on the my dashboard it reads in kilometers and the voice announcements are in kilometers too. I've checked the settings within Google Maps on my phone and it is set to miles so must be something within R-Link that needs changing??

Android Auto is a projection of your phone to the screen of the RLink. So it should be a phone setting.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds