Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 4 years 3 months ago #61

• Fraserl
  • Thank you received: 12
Regards

Fraser

Kadjar Dynamique S Nav 1.6 Dci with lighting pack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 4 years 3 months ago #62

• rob2005
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I’d like Android auto on my Kadjar but it all seems awfully confusing and has its pit falls like the lines on the camera not lining up

Is there anyway to get Android auto simply in the UK without so much messing around please?

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 4 years 3 months ago #63

• Cristea
  • Thank you received: 0
Can I upgrade from version 2.2.11.803?
Are there any risks?

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 4 years 2 months ago #64

• ninsei
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anyone explored the option to do a hardware upgrade to get Android Auto?
I have 2016 Night&Day edition, and I still like the car - don't plan buying a new car during this year, maybe not even in 2021. However lack of Android Auto is really bad... My wife drives 2017 Suzuki S-Cross and her car had Android Auto out of the box in Bosch navi box. AA makes things like navigation and playing music so much easier.
My car has self-parking package, which I (to my surprise) use quite often, as it parks the car in tight spaces better than I do. I think small issue like rear camera guidelines misalignment would affect parking sensors too (software will miscalculate, as it supposedly comes from Megane, which has different sensors placement due to different car size).
Going back to question: since there should be many devices from wrecked Kadjars available for purchase - has anyone explored what is needed for transplant of V3 hardware into 2016 car?

Last edit: by ninsei.

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 4 years 2 months ago #65

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
It is far then easy... First you must log-off device out of old car - donator. Then you must visit authorised dealer to match device with your car - unlock it, otherwise is just an nonworking piece of rubbish. Then you must change it in Renault global system - transfer all subscriptions to your new device. And not to forget to replace USB ports in dash.
Parking sensors doing it job as normal and accurate even after you upgrade unofficially to 3.3..16.x software. Location of sensors is non important, they jut measuring distance... Picture is after adjustment also acceptable.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

(How) Can we get Android Auto on our Kadjar? 3 years 6 months ago #66

• muhaskal
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, sorry for answering very early post lol. i updated my 2016 kadjar to 3.x to get AA using this method, but i want to downgrade it back to official firmware because of rear camera issue and i didnt lice AA after all, how can i do that?
thanks in advance

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds