Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New owner, few questions 4 years 4 months ago #1

• RobG
  • RobG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, just registered to ask a few questions.

Just bought a 2016 Kadjar and can’t figure out a couple of things on the R-link system. Firstly, the symbol at the top of the screen for network connection. When I press it, it says there’s no data connection, but I can’t find an option anywhere to add one.

Next question is with regards to Android/Apple play. The system is a general Bluetooth connection, but how do I make it so it’s in Apple play mode?

Just downloaded the newest 2.2.19.300 from the website and installed it into the car, but if I’m honest, I can’t see any difference. Now I’m seeing topics about version 3.x or 7.x from the dealer. Don’t want to do anything unofficial, but wondering how to access features like Apple play and data connections, or is it a case that I need to take it in to have the latest software/firmware installed by Renault? If that’s the case, any idea about price?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, just thought it easier than trawling through endless pages of older topics to find the answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New owner, few questions 4 years 4 months ago #2

• Fraserl
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Rob,
I get the network via data sharing on my phone.

The age and year of car, android or apple play were not available. If you want, you can try the upgrade, details in the long thread here.

For Appleplay, I believe you would need to upgrade to the later usb ports also.

Hope that helps.

Fraser
Regards

Fraser

Kadjar Dynamique S Nav 1.6 Dci with lighting pack

New owner, few questions 4 years 4 months ago #3

• RobG
Hi there, thanks for the response. I guessed it might be an age thing. As for the data sharing, mu iPhone allows me to share its data connection, but the device I’m sharing it with has to access it and I can’t find an option in the system anywhere to link to the phones connection. Got the Bluetooth connected, but can’t find the data connection options.

New owner, few questions 4 years 4 months ago #4

• Trak-X
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi,

Actually, there is not data connection whatsoever. It actually means the phone will go over the bluetooth connection and fetch data from the Renault server to get data for the store and other services. Try going on the store and it should ask you to grant some permission after which should work. Mine started working a week or 2 after i got it. As for CarPlay / Android auto, you can only get Android auto now, by upgrading to a modified version of the software. Going from V2 to V3 helps with that. There is a thread here with all the details and files. For CarPlay, as stated, you need to modify the USB ports, as the power conducted to device is not enough to support it. So, no one actually did it so far.
1.6 dCi - 4WD - Brown (2016)

RLink 2 - V3.3.16.961
Here Maps (Q2/2019) / TomTom POIs / SpeedCams (06.2019)

New owner, few questions 4 years 4 months ago #5

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I’ve not come across anyone who has got CarPlay to work on an original Rlink2, even after changing the USB ports, the power comes from the Rlink2 and there’s just enough.

As for data, the rlink has a built in data/coms facility, it’s a subscription service, and cant be used for anything but the Rlink2. The connection supports live traffic info, access to the App Store and giving Renault some usage info.

New owner, few questions 4 years 4 months ago #6

• RobG
Ok, think I’ve got the gist of it. So no Apple play due to the age and ignore the data connection. Next question, what does the update to 7.x do and is this only available through a dealership? Also, the voice command feature. I want to be able to press the button and say something simple like “call home” not phone, then phone book, then the name, then call. It’s so slow. Is there a way to make the process quicker or am I better just shouting a voice command at Siri or using the R link screen to access the menu?

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds