Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

New Tyres 4 years 10 months ago #7

• robt
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Team, any more thoughts on tyre choices? I have the Continental Contact 5s in 225/45R 19 inch which are worn after 13,000 miles, I bought the car at 11,500 miles, not me that's ripped them out!

My main interest is ability to soak up potholes as I live in Surrey and we are one of the worst counties for potholes. As I have found to my cost the 19 inch wheels are very poor at riding bumps. I only drive about 7,000 miles per year, mostly local so petrol usage and noise levels are very secondary.

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Tyres 4 years 10 months ago #8

• Evill
  • Thank you received: 1
My continentals wore too quickly also. Because I think tyres are the most important part of a car for me I have replaced all 4 with Michelin Pilot sport 4, not the newer design as the rating is not as good. Dear but much better than Continental. Bought them at a good price on the net for 586 for 4 delivered free. So far so good would buy again
The following user(s) said Thank You: robt

New Tyres 4 years 10 months ago #9

• JC
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi We only managed to get 16,000 miles out of four on our 4x4 sig nav from new on continentals. Now done 8000 miles on budget tyres 6mm left on them less noise cannot feel any change in grip only £400.00 for 4
ROADSTONE EUROVIS 225-45-19 and would buy again
The following user(s) said Thank You: robt

New Tyres 4 years 10 months ago #10

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Uniroyal Rainsport 3 225/45x19 96XL for 125€/pcs. Excelent tyre. Never Conti again as summer tire, altough drowe almost 20k miles with ser on 4x4 Kadjar
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

New Tyres 4 years 3 months ago #11

• Burnsieboy
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I just had to put a Roadstone on mine as i had a puncture and that's all they had in stock on a Sunday, got it for £82. so cheap and looking at reviews coming up well, lets see how it copes along side my Avons

New Tyres 4 years 2 months ago #12

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 22
i have a question if anybody knows. i have a 215/60/17 tyres. i was looking for snow chain exp http://www.weissenfels.com/en/snow-chains/clack-and-go-technology
for this type of tyre they dont have a match. I have the same problem with a snow chain from USA same type as clack and go.
I think this type of tyre is not very popular. With what type can i change it? with 17 inches tyre ? I had a link that you can see what dimmension is ok but i havent now.does anyone know?

Last edit: by gsa1967.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds