Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

New Tyres 4 years 2 months ago #19

• pete8641
  • Thank you received: 0
Ive just put 4 Falken AS210 tyres on my 19” wheels.
My first ever all season tyres. Much quieter than the previous tyres.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Tyres 4 years 1 month ago #20

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I took my car in this morning for it's third service plus it's first MOT. An hour ago I received a call from the dealers saying that the front two tyres were precariously near the legal limit, one is 1 mm over the limit and the other 2 mm. My car has done 14,075 miles and I don't drive like a lunatic, and I think I should get at least 18-20,000 from a set of tyres. Am I being naive? Anyway the dealers are fitting new fronts as I write which are costing £162 each plus the setting up etc which will set me back around £350+. The car passed the MOT and I suppose I could have got cheaper ones elsewhere but I've enough on my plate shopping at the moment and looking after my wife. Continental Contact 5: don't you just love them!
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

New Tyres 4 years 1 month ago #21

• Yates
  • Thank you received: 3
HI I had contis on but went for Nexen on the recommendation of Roxy glad I did I got 2 fitted for 176 they are very quiet on the road and the car handles far better now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roxy1234

New Tyres 4 years 1 month ago #22

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I took my car in this morning for it's third service plus it's first MOT. An hour ago I received a call from the dealers saying that the front two tyres were precariously near the legal limit, one is 1 mm over the limit and the other 2 mm. My car has done 14,075 miles and I don't drive like a lunatic, and I think I should get at least 18-20,000 from a set of tyres. Am I being naive? Anyway the dealers are fitting new fronts as I write which are costing £162 each plus the setting up etc which will set me back around £350+. The car passed the MOT and I suppose I could have got cheaper ones elsewhere but I've enough on my plate shopping at the moment and looking after my wife. Continental Contact 5: don't you just love them!

You so do, I only have 15000 ish on the car and my fronts will be getting changed soon. When I get new company vans they come with Conti's and when they wear out I go onto Good Years, last loads longer.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

New Tyres 4 years 1 month ago #23

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Update: picked the car up this evening and found they had fitted Nexens. Basic price £115 each, so with all other things they did PLUS VAT I paid £377.65!!! I ended up paying £627.65 due to the following:
When I took the car in this morning I had ordered a courtesy car and was given a 19 Reg Clio TCE75. So far so good. I drove home (12 miles up the M1) and thought it was a bit of a dog (spongy clutch, error message re Stop/Start, and a normal handbrake) but it got me home. Later on I had to go the local supermarket for a few bits and parked in the carpark and went shopping. When I returned I couldn't find the car until I saw that it had run down a small incline and smashed into a parked Renault Trafic. The owner was waiting for me. I knew instantly what had happened. For the last three years I have been driving a car with an automatic handbrake where, as you all know, it sets itself when you switch off. I must have been on auto pilot and did what I always do when parking (turn off and get out). The bloke was very understanding, we swapped details and when I got home rang Harratts Wakefield to inform them. The Clio had damage to the nearside front bumper and the Trafic the same. So I had to fork out the £250 excess when I handed the car back. What a bloody pig of a day. What makes it worse is that I can't blame anybody but myself. These senior moments occur more and more often. :( :(
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

New Tyres 4 years 1 month ago #24

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Pat - You are not the only one with parking issues, I had a 19 plate Mazda as a loan car while mine was in yesterday, pulled into the drive and parked up on a slight incline and was about to get out only to realise the car was rolling back!

Yet I drive a Traffic size van with a regular handbrake and so far have not forgotten top apply the brake.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds