Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Brakes wear 5 years 1 week ago #7

• Roxy1234
  • Roxy1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Same feeling here only got one more year of warranty after that it local of self service.... would never buy a new car from a dealer bought my kadjar 4x4 22 mt old 15000 mls for £12000 less than what the 1st owner paid for... I contacted the 1st owner asking why he sold it he had just retired and they traded both their cars at a BMW dealer... He was kind enough to forward all the paperwork he had kept including Sales invoice... so a dealer will never see me buying a new car off them...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brakes wear 4 years 10 months ago #8

• hency
  • Thank you received: 1
Kadjar recently had its first service at 8500 miles. Needed new rear discs and pads at nearly five hundred quid! After some advice to dealer about item covered under warranty, and in my opinion discs are covered as they are not 'friction material' but pads aren't technically covered (but as a result of 'consequential damage' they are covered as well) Renault agreed to cover the cost. I didn't realise these item were gold plated!

Brakes wear 4 years 10 months ago #9

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Roxy1234 has got a valid point about nearly-new cars being so much cheaper than new ones. We've been buying cars up-to-one-year-old since ~2004 and keeping them as long as the Warranty lasted. Pre-Reg can be a very good deal too (you've got to keep looking as the prices/availability can change quickly) BUT, back in 2017, we were swayed by a new Kadjar and it's (at-the-time) 4 year warranty AND 4 years Roadside Assistance.
Two good points about having the Renault Assistance: (1) we could save money by NOT joining RAC/AA (etc) (2) The Renault scheme takes you to a Renault garage, where mechanical faults are done under warranty, whereas independent Rescue firms may not - and any work done you'll have to pay for yourself.
I've just re-read the brochure we got before we bought the car. It says: "Renault Assistance applies to mechanical or electrical defects which are covered by warranty" But what about if we have a puncture? Will they come and sort that?
The answer is here: https://www.renault.co.uk/owners/renault-assistance/assistance.html
Basically, for OUR car, with it's 4-year-warranty, they'll come & help-out with tyre problems for the first 3 years (If a new tyre is needed I presume you pay for that!) BUT, for people with the 3-year-warranty (car bought from Feb 2018 onwards?) tyre problems are NOT covered. This new version of "Renault Assistance" won't sway me to buying Renault for our next car!
I'm talking about UK-Renault, I think manufacturers change the Warranty length and details from country to country?

Brakes wear 4 years 10 months ago #10

• GaryJeffery
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi thought I would add my experience on brakes.
My last two cars, I have had two Renaults, a Megane and now a Kadjar, on both the rear discs were scored and badly worn by 25000 miles.
This is unacceptable to me, they must be made of milk bottle tops or something, I have a Ford transit van too, which carries heavy loads regularly and that didn’t need rear discs until 95000 miles, Deliberate failure planning for revenue generation purposes? In Layman’s terms, a bloody rip off!
I had the main dealer use pattern replacement parts in both cases, much cheaper and no discernible difference in performance. On the Megane they saw out my ownership of the car from 25000 miles to 90000 miles, a lot more than double the life of the OEM discs!

Last edit: by GaryJeffery. Reason: Typo

Brakes wear 4 years 10 months ago #11

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
There must be a real variation in the materials used for both pads and discs. I well remember the Vectra I had that covered 60k on the original brakes only to have the discs wear too thin, not scored, with still about 50% life left in the original pads. Ok, not bad life before any replacements but pads should be engineered to wear out before they wear down the discs

Brakes wear 4 years 10 months ago #12

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
My Vivaro lasted about 49000, carries a lot of weight all the time.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds