Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Brakes wear 5 years 1 week ago #1

• Roxy1234
  • Roxy1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Well she had her 3rd service today and the dealer noticed some wear on all the discs and pads... 24,000 mls... front disc has a slight lip and rear have a little scoring, but not a lot in my opinion... so out comes a bill for disc and pad replacement... better sit down sir... front £404.87 rears £387.69 ... holy crap... not saying the dealer is ripping me off but how can they expect people to pay almost £800 on brakes alone... local garage inspected it no problem just need new pads £110 pads £50 labour... come on dealers you need to do better..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Roxy1234.

Brakes wear 5 years 1 week ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I must say that the price quoted by your dealer is not unheard of from other dealers. As an example I also drive a Vauxhall Vivaro Van and at its 50000 mile service I was advised my brakes need attention and was quoted around 750 GBP including Tax for Discs, Pads, Labour. So went to my local garage and got the job done for 385 GBP inc Tax.

Obviously my local garage did not provide genuine parts and they did take a while to bed in but they work. I gave the dealer the opportunity to drop the price but not interested. When I got the customer survey form I put on it that I thought it was expensive to pay for a product with the company logo on!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Brakes wear 5 years 1 week ago #3

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I can understand the dealer having bigger overheads but as you’d was 50.000 mls but at 24000 and only a slight wear on the disc it’s a case of over kill. When pads are only required all pads take a while to bed in and even a bit longer when it new pads / old discs...just leaves a bit of a bad taste when your given an estimate and the expect you to say no problem get on with it.. when all the did on the service was look around the car because the oil and filter is every 2 years which I think is a joke for what the cost of the service package is... The 1st and 3 rd service is not much for them to do ... not sure what they will say when we go back next week to have the air con sorted because that’s not working very well. Mind you it been poor since we have had the car... let’s hope it’s a fault and that way I won’t get charged £180 to have them re gas’s it.. mind you to have the air con serviced every two years recommend and it’s not included in the service package is another joke... Main dealers have big windows so they can see us mugs coming...

Brakes wear 5 years 1 week ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
£180 for regas!
I'm sure when I have been in for services they have quoted £35? Due a service next month will see what they quote.

When you need a laugh, Ask a dealer for a quote. :lol: Then go to a local garage, subject to warranty conditions, and get the job done.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Brakes wear 5 years 1 week ago #5

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I thought 180 was dear and for some reason I have seen £35 said on a post... I know it’s a special gas .... will contact a few dealers and get a price...

Brakes wear 5 years 1 week ago #6

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I think the "safe"gas they use today is little more than an excuse to hike the price.
Regarding the brake issue this isn't a Renault only issue, it's just what main stealers do. A friend took a 3 year old megane onto our local dealership, don't recall the mileage but it would be less than 20K. It was the service just prior to it's 1st MOT. Same story, they quoted new discs and pads all round at stupid o'clock prices. He took it to a local mot station for the test and it passed, he told them the story and they said there was at least the same mileage left in all the brakes as had been worn so far. Once the warranty is gone so have main dealers in my view.

Last edit: by turboted10.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds