Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Step-by-Step: Upgrading R-LINK V2 to V3 + Install Android Auto 2 years 5 months ago #1

• Brummie
  • Brummie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
My Kadjar was 2016 that has Version 2.2.19.  Dealer said it cannot be updated to higher version to enable Android Auto.  Any way, after several searches found the details on how to do it.  This one worked for me.  Sharing it here, so that it might be useful for some one else.  Site link given at the end.-

My original version 

-During upgrade/V3 installation 

-After upgrade 

-Enabling Android Auto 

-Android Auto 

Source: http://kousholt.org/renault-kadjar-opdatering-til-rlink-v3-og-android-auto/

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Renaultidea, fortes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brummie.

Step-by-Step: Upgrading R-LINK V2 to V3 + Install Android Auto 2 years 4 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Nice, but you are not up to date. Latest version is 3.3.16.981…
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Step-by-Step: Upgrading R-LINK V2 to V3 + Install Android Auto 2 years 4 months ago #3

• Brummie

Nice, but you are not up to date. Latest version is 3.3.16.981…

Did you mean to say 3.3.16 is NOT the latest?  If so, Yes you are right. 

I was planning to update it to 7.0.24 but some threads here warned not to do it ourselves as it might make the entire this unusable.  Given this warning, I thought I should stick to the version where Android Auto works :-)

Has any one updated from 3.3.16 to 7.0.24 themselves without going to a dealer without any problems?  I can't rely on the dealer in my area as they even declined to update it even from 2 to 3, saying it can't be updated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamajithcyril@gmail.com

Step-by-Step: Upgrading R-LINK V2 to V3 + Install Android Auto 2 years 4 months ago #4

• Brummie
I think I got that warning of upgrading from V3 to V7 ourselves from one of your threads.  As I am not a technical, I heeded to it.  After all, it is wise to learn from your experience, than breaking it :-)

Step-by-Step: Upgrading R-LINK V2 to V3 + Install Android Auto 2 years 4 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
You can update to 3.3.16.981 (last in branch) which solves some problems with BT an and showing album art.
And DO NOT DO UPGRADE to 7.0.x byyourself in any way unless you want to have bricked or non-functional system. In short, one part of upgrading is programing MICOM (boot device) which is done trough CAN-CLIP online to Renault internal servers. That's why. 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brummie

Step-by-Step: Upgrading R-LINK V2 to V3 + Install Android Auto 2 years 4 months ago #6

• Renaultidea
  • Thank you received: 1
Just a note: followed the instructions as you suggested (with the help of Google translate) and got it sorted last night no problems. Thank you, I'm delighted to have AA on my screen!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds