Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #49

• Jkousholt
  • Thank you received: 3

For your reference, I believe that when those Members have chosen to update the Firmware, using the unofficial software available on this site, there is a calibration progress they go through as the Firmware was originally meant for a Megane. I believe this requires them to get into Developers Mode and it is all done there.

Thank you for this information.
Do you know if it's possible to get into Debug Mode without a firmware update?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #50

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I am told it is possible and my assumption is that it can also be done via DDT4ALL. I think AOne has done it and you will possibly find him the best source
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jkousholt

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #51

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi

You can always enter developer mode on 2.2.19.200/300. This is latest FW version on which you can upgrade officialy from Renault website by yourself. As I can remember there is no need to adjust guiding lines in stock firmware (talking about guidlines provided by R-Link 2 itself). If 3rd party camera provides guidelines already then I am not sure if you can adjust them trough settings.
In developer mode / ddt4all you can enable input for camera separately from enabling guidelines.
And explanation for upgraded FW 3.3... there is no problem align guidelines to ‘just touch’ rear bumper... more challenge is to adjust them to align back (how to explain, now guidelines aims higher, not parallel to terain, guidelines are thiner and more closer)... I found a fix on German Kadjar Forum, contact author and he explains me that this maybe works, maybe not... for him works and honestly I haven’t tried jet...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #52

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
The camera Jkousholt has installed is not an official Renault Camera. I'm guessing that it is possible therefore to calibrate within the backend of Rlink as is done by others. My assumption is that the guidelines are produced by Rlink and not the Camera itself therefore adjustable in Rlink
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #53

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Yes, camera provide it own guidelines as I can see. The narrower one are from camera and wider one with dynamic are from R-Link. Pretty messy, though R-Link guidelines looks OK...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #54

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
So if you’re on a 2.2.xxx.xx or 3.3.xxx.xx genuine version (not a diy upgrade) the rlink2 guide lines should work just fine.
More often then not after market cameras produces their own guide lines as well. Sometimes theses can be disabled, the lines on the rlink2 certainly can but you loose the dynamic lines.

If you have s DIY version 3.3.xxx.xx this is, as mentioned earlier, been developed from a Megane so the image is different as is the screen format.

The settings can be changed either in developers mode or ddt4all, or even Clip, it’s a case of changing 2 numbers and saving to correct the lines as I’m in my phone I don’t have access until I turn the laptop on but I’ll see if I can find the settings

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds