Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Media unit complete blank 4 years 2 months ago #13

• McGuire
  • Thank you received: 0
The car was out of warranty by less than a month. The reason i took to to my local garage is because Renault Dealerships have exorbitant charges which i could not cover. I felt that the unit should have lasted a lot longer and the car had done less than 15,00 miles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sat Nav gone off 4 years 1 month ago #14

• Yates
  • Thank you received: 3
My screen has gone blank too taken 2 weeks to get it booked in I have taken out an extra years warranty so I’m hoping it’s covered I love my kadjar but this is making me think whether to move to another make of car.the car is just over 3 years old and only done 17.5k

Sat Nav gone off 4 years 1 month ago #15

• rance2019
  • Thank you received: 1
Don't know if this will help.
The Sat Nav screen on my Kajar also failed to light up, so I booked the car into the local Renault service centre - I couldn't get an appointment for 2 weeks but as I didn't need to use the car it wasn't an issue - as a result the car was sat on the drive for the whole 2 weeks . When i returned to the car I found another problem - the battery was completely flat ! (I'm sure I didn't leave any lights etc on)...Long story short I had to get a new battery. To my surprise, after fitting the new battery, the sat nav screen started working again.
When I first noticed the problem with the sat nav (on the old battery) I did try a power reset (eg disconnected the battery terminal) but this would have been for no more than a few seconds and may not have been enough to actually 'reset' the sat nav electronics. I'm just wondering if a longer period with the battery disconnected (an hour for example ?) may be required to effectively reset the display electronic. This may be worth a try before facing a potential high repair bill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Re:Sat Nav gone off 4 years 1 month ago #16

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
30 seconds should be enough, but 2-3-4 is too little, I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Sat Nav gone off 4 years 1 month ago #17

• Yates
Thanks I will give that a try

Sat Nav gone off 4 years 1 day ago #18

• Yates
Hi I tried disconnecting the battery left it 5 mins I now have Speedo on eco screen and a green flashing light on the Speedo media screen still dead so will have to get it into Renault as soon as lockdown has gone.Has anyone else had the green flashing on the Speedo

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds