TOPIC:

Sat Nav gone off 4 years 7 months ago #7

• tynesider
  • tynesider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Update:
Car in at Renault dealer today and all now fixed, they confirmed that the sat/nav/R2 link system had completely closed down and I would not have been able to restart it myself
and 'they think' this was due to the security system motion sensor which has now been reordered as a fault was found on it.

They also confirmed that this is not a common and the car has to go in again for an hour when new part arrives so will keep update in case anyone else has problems

Nice to find the first visit to my local Telford Renault dealer went well with courtesy car supplied (without me asking) and my car was very well washed :)
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sat Nav gone off 4 years 7 months ago #8

• Puggers
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a late 2017 petrol Kadjar and, a couple of weeks ago, the same thing happened to me. The screen was dead and there were no chimes from the front or rear sensors. The speedo was working and I drove the car quite happily for about a half hour's journey with no life from the screen. After I had parked for about an hour, I started it for the drive home and everything was working fine. I have, thankfully, not had a recurrence since but I am beginning to long for the days I drove my Series 111 LandRover where everything could be fixed with a hammer, a screwdriver, WD40 or Duct Tape and there was none of this electrickery (which I still have to ask my granddaughter how to use)!

Sat Nav gone off 4 years 2 months ago #9

• Williamson
  • Thank you received: 6
I’ve a 2016 1.5 dci dynamique and had the same problem six months Took it to my dealer Renault Aberdeen the replaced it under warranty. Took about five months for it to be replaced as it’s not an off the shelf part. Contacted Renault customer Services. They kept me up to date and chased up the part. Also got a £200 Renault voucher which I shall for MOT and yearly service. Dealer was pretty good as well. Hope this helps

Media unit complete blank 4 years 2 months ago #10

• McGuire
  • Thank you received: 0
I had the same problem with my 2015 Kadjar Signature 1.5dci. The screen was blank not a thing no radio, sat nav nothing at all. The warranty was up 23 Nov 2019 this happened January 2020. I had it repaired in my local garage at a cost of £598.80 i contacted Renault asking that they cover the cost of this as the car had only done 14,868 miles. I have been told today that as the car was not repaired by a Renault Approved Dealership they would only pay half the cost of the media unit which is £139.00. I am not happy about this and I will definitely not be purchasing anymore Renault cars

Media unit complete blank 4 years 2 months ago #11

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23

I had the same problem with my 2015 Kadjar Signature 1.5dci. The screen was blank not a thing no radio, sat nav nothing at all. The warranty was up 23 Nov 2019 this happened January 2020. I had it repaired in my local garage at a cost of £598.80 i contacted Renault asking that they cover the cost of this as the car had only done 14,868 miles. I have been told today that as the car was not repaired by a Renault Approved Dealership they would only pay half the cost of the media unit which is £139.00. I am not happy about this and I will definitely not be purchasing anymore Renault cars

in greece will not give you anything. here they try to say that is all your fault and try even in the warranty not to take cover of the damaga. and not to renault dealer. this happaens to all kind of stuff

Re:Media unit complete blank 4 years 2 months ago #12

• jokso
  • Thank you received: 3

I am amazed they even offered something, because they have no obligation to do it, since you repaired at some local garage and not authorised dealer. It's a simple and universal warranty rule for all products from tv's, phones to cars

Sent from my phone

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds