Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Bricked head unit 3 years 7 months ago #7

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hmmm. Following with interest. I keep my fingers crossed, that they will take responsibility.
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevgil09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bricked head unit 3 years 7 months ago #8

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

2.2.13.900 it was on and when car came back from getting ecu replaced the Dab stereo kept losing signal every few minutes

Are you sure about that version number, can't find that version as having ever been used?
The last of V2 was 2.2.19.300 and I believe, which someone is bound to correct me on, anything before this version was impossible to upgrade beyond V2 without bricking the unit
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Bricked head unit 3 years 7 months ago #9

• Kevgil09
  • Kevgil09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry typo error on my part it is 19

Bricked head unit 3 years 7 months ago #10

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154

2.2.13.900 it was on and when car came back from getting ecu replaced the Dab stereo kept losing signal every few minutes

Are you sure about that version number, can't find that version as having ever been used?
The last of V2 was 2.2.19.300 and I believe, which someone is bound to correct me on, anything before this version was impossible to upgrade beyond V2 without bricking the unit

2.2.19.300 was the last update on V2.

It’s now common practice for the dealer to upgrade to V7 to cure certain issues including DAB drop out, it is a Renault issued tech solution, Actis solution n°49605. V2 to V7.

The report mentions several issues that this will solve. Of course when renault first issues the update V7 the majority were successful, a minority were sensationalised by the Own’s reporting to the forums.

Some 18 months later it’s very rare event that this happens, the install has gone under several revisions to rectify failure. It’s also an indication of an inexperienced tech who has under taken the programming.

Bricked head unit 3 years 7 months ago #11

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Well supposedly the technician who tried and failed to do the update has 15 years experience and was conveniently off sick today and the dealers are being very withholding regarding what they used to update so its now with Renault to sort this mess out

15 years experience of been a tech! The Rlink2 was only introduced 5 years ago at most.
Flashing the Rlink2 to install a different software version was only first tried in around February March 2019, the update for Clip Renault Diagnostics was released as part of a Clip updates which involves a usb update onto the PC system that runs clip, my own dealer only got this in May 2019, in the Rlink2 software has to be installed in conjunction with a data connection to R/France.

Bricked head unit 3 years 7 months ago #12

• Kevgil09
  • Kevgil09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks that gives me good ammunition go make sure the dealer and Renault replace the head unit
Much appreciated

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds