Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Park sensor disable when reversing with trailer/caravan 4 years 11 months ago #7

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
My Tow Bar was fitted at Portsmouth, I think, when it was delievered into the country.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Park sensor disable when reversing with trailer/caravan 4 years 11 months ago #8

• Jkousholt
  • Jkousholt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Maybe the wiring loom on the trailer is the reason. The 13 pin plug was retrofitted.
I don't know if the tow bar was factory fitted.

Re:Re:Park sensor disable when reversing with trailer/caravan 4 years 11 months ago #9

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Maybe the wiring loom on the trailer is the reason. The 13 pin plug was retrofitted.
I don't know if the tow bar was factory fitted.

The loom would be my guess too. As far as I know, they're not fitted in factory. Mine was purchased with the car, but was fitted after delivery at the dealer's garage.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Re:Park sensor disable when reversing with trailer/caravan 4 years 11 months ago #10

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Mine too. Fitted according to Renault’s instructions and original parts (loom, module) in garage before delivery. Tow bar is actually Bosal product...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Park sensor disable when reversing with trailer/caravan 4 years 11 months ago #11

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
How it works,
On the OE towbar loom there’s a plug that connects to the cars loom under the bumper in the left rear corner.
In this there is basically an earth or a neg trigger is in the wiring loom of the tow bar electrics that links to a pin in the 13 pin socket.
In the towed caravan/trailer the 13 pin plug has a loop back from the trigger pin to ground so when the plug is connected it puts a neg or ground to the ecu.
The ecu is programmed via Clip and possibly ddt4all, I’m sure I’ve come across the setting, to deactivate the sensors in reverse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robertp

Park sensor disable when reversing with trailer/caravan 4 years 11 months ago #12

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200

How it works,
On the OE towbar loom there’s a plug that connects to the cars loom under the bumper in the left rear corner.
In this there is basically an earth or a neg trigger is in the wiring loom of the tow bar electrics that links to a pin in the 13 pin socket.
In the towed caravan/trailer the 13 pin plug has a loop back from the trigger pin to ground so when the plug is connected it puts a neg or ground to the ecu.
The ecu is programmed via Clip and possibly ddt4all, I’m sure I’ve come across the setting, to deactivate the sensors in reverse.

Many thanks for explanation. I use 7/13 PIN adapter and on 13 pins side only 7 pins exist, for 6 pins is just space. So it can not function since there is no plug to pin 13.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds