Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #13

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Well here I am replying to my own question. This morning, I plugged into the car and voila, it worked perfectly, Spotify and all. See pic. I am well pleased, the new version and layout is 100X better than the old one. Now I have multiple Nav programmes and multiple media inputs. Why update the car? I might just wait til the PCP runs out (but knowing me ...).

Great so! :) I also went ahead and cleared the cache so the switch is now there. Unfortunately, car is not with me tonight so I'll see the new iface tomorrow :)
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #14

• void
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

I still have issues enabling new interface. I tried reinstalling the app and clearing cache. I does not offer me a new interface :(

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #15

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Hello everyone,

I still have issues enabling new interface. I tried reinstalling the app and clearing cache. I does not offer me a new interface :(

It wasn't offered to me - I went in the settings after clearing the cache and there was this new toggle switch there.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #16

• void
  • Thank you received: 0
Ahhh I will just wait for future update. I think that there is a issue between my phone and AA.

Re:Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #17

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Ahhh I will just wait for future update. I think that there is a issue between my phone and AA.

It's the same with me. We'll have to wait obviously...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #18

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I just tried the new iface for the first time and I have to say they really nailed it. It's not only the layout / ui they improved on. It's faster than before in recognising touch inputs, colors seem to be better/more vibrant at least on older (1st gen) rlink. It provides more functionality in different apps (e.g. Spotify) and I think the apps have more animations (or is it that the frame rate improved and I can now notice them?). And then the Google assistant integration is on a whole another level now - it not only displays and reads notifications from various apps but even can read Facebook messenger messages in Cyrillic now - well, pronouncement is now flawless but hey, it works, I can hear what people wrote in Bulgarian without taking my eyes off the road - how cool is that?

Overall a big thumbs up for the people working on this. It's not 100% there yet, as the procedure to enable it is not quite straight forward and then the apps integration is a little buggy (phone reboot solved a few issues for me), but still, huge kudos to the devs!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds