Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #7

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I've just updated my AA App to Version 4.5 and the interface (at least on my phone) is the same as before. My phone is a Galaxy S9 running Android 9 (not pure like the Pixel) but I have a couple of questions: Firstly, What does apk stand for? and secondly, do I have to wait until a "Try New" option appears in my settings or until Google releases it for everybody. At the moment nothing at all has changed in my Settings, apart from the version. Excuse my ignorance and thanks for any help.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #8

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

I've just updated my AA App to Version 4.5 and the interface (at least on my phone) is the same as before. My phone is a Galaxy S9 running Android 9 (not pure like the Pixel) but I have a couple of questions: Firstly, What does apk stand for? and secondly, do I have to wait until a "Try New" option appears in my settings or until Google releases it for everybody. At the moment nothing at all has changed in my Settings, apart from the version. Excuse my ignorance and thanks for any help.

Apk is the extension for Android application files. The difference is only visible on RLink's screen. To enable the option on Android Auto's settings, the Cache and Data must be erased in the phone's settings (all settings are lost, as you're starting the app for the first time). In most cases it works flawlessly, but there is something different in some phones as it appears. Can't figure yet what. Probably some updates, security patches, apps up to date or whatever, I don't know, but hope to find out soon. The same app from the same site, on my son's phone has a settings wich refuses to work on mine. How fair is that :D

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatWar

Last edit: by AOne.

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #9

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi AOne: Well I've got the newer version of AA working fine in my Kadjar (see attached pic). I only have one problem now, and that is I can't seem to get Spotify to appear in AA. I am running the free version and am registered but no joy with AA. I can only get Google Music Play (to which I subscribe) but not Spotify. I've managed to get Waze in AA and working and although Spotify is linked to Waze no luck. I downloaded the Spotify App through AA (Apps for Android Auto). Do you have any tips? Thanks.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #10

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Hi AOne: Well I've got the newer version of AA working fine in my Kadjar (see attached pic). I only have one problem now, and that is I can't seem to get Spotify to appear in AA. I am running the free version and am registered but no joy with AA. I can only get Google Music Play (to which I subscribe) but not Spotify. I've managed to get Waze in AA and working and although Spotify is linked to Waze no luck. I downloaded the Spotify App through AA (Apps for Android Auto). Do you have any tips? Thanks.

Thanks for the pic and thanks to AOne for starting the topic, very interesting :) I've got the update on my Pixel the other day but the interface in car is the same as before. So I guess they need to switch something either server-side or push something more to the phone. Not willing to tweak it myself by resetting and clearing cache - will wait to see when I get it. It looks great though!

As for Spotify, I have it showing up in the car, on the old AA interface. I've not done anything special to make it appear there - just got it installed on the phone from the play store and then it appeared in AA along with Google Play Music or whatever the google music app is called (Anyone using that at all?)
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #11

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
With the version 4.5 you will have to delete the Cache and Data, open up the AA App and start from scratch. It doesn't update itself. It sound a bit of a Faff but its not really, Once set up in AA settings (on your phone) at the top will appear a message "Try new version ..." or similar. Just switch that on and it will alter the layout in your car. Another question, is your Spotify the Premium version, i.e. do you pay a monthly fee. Mine is the free one, I was thinking maybe that was why it wouldn't show in AA.

Android Auto 4 years 8 months ago #12

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Well here I am replying to my own question. This morning, I plugged into the car and voila, it worked perfectly, Spotify and all. See pic. I am well pleased, the new version and layout is 100X better than the old one. Now I have multiple Nav programmes and multiple media inputs. Why update the car? I might just wait til the PCP runs out (but knowing me ...).

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds