Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #13

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I've never heard of this "problem" before. It could have a lot to do with mileage, the more you do the more oil you use. In my case, I drive about 5 k miles per annum, (I've had the car for 26 months, mileage to date 10,500). To be honest I never check my oil level, in fact the only time the bonnet gets opened is when it gets a service (i.e. twice up to now).

I'm exactly the same in every way as Pat, although I do top up the washer bottle occasionally but that is where it stops.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #14

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

I've never heard of this "problem" before. It could have a lot to do with mileage, the more you do the more oil you use. In my case, I drive about 5 k miles per annum, (I've had the car for 26 months, mileage to date 10,500). To be honest I never check my oil level, in fact the only time the bonnet gets opened is when it gets a service (i.e. twice up to now).

I'm exactly the same in every way as Pat, although I do top up the washer bottle occasionally but that is where it stops.

I'm used to do it regularly, cause it's a machine, anyway. It was way easier with the Scenic and electronic measurement on the screen when starting, but...damn Japanese ;)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #15

• Boyko
  • Boyko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Some of the cases I've seen in the forums were fixed with replacing the engine with a new one under warranty.

Can you pls share a link to those forums?

I'll have a dealer check the car in about two weeks (traveling abroad next week with the Kadjar) and will show them the article you shared. Meantime I'd like to know what were the symptoms for owners whose engines got replaced. More specifically - how much oil they had to add and how often / for what mileage etc.

I just completed another 1k kilometers since topping up the oil - checked this morning and it is hard to tell any difference in oil level. I have a trip ahead next week that will add another 1.3-1.5k on the clock, so will see after that (and that is when the dealer will check it too).
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #16

• Boyko
  • Boyko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

I do believe this is closely related to mileage done from one service to the next. For 5k miles, depending on driving style, traffic, urban / extra urban, oil level may not drop to the point that it asks for top up. I can only suggest that you check the oil level right after your next service and then check it again just prior to taking the car for service again. This way you'll know how much the oil level dropped in between services and will get an idea of what would be the case if you drove more in this period.

I drive mostly urban in Sofia, with lots of traffic, lots of red lights and congestions, drive in short distances mostly, so I imagine this does add pressure on the engine / turbo which is why I initially have more or less agreed with the dealers that it may be normal to need to top up once in between services. If it wasn't for that article AOne shared I wouldn't worry much. But having read that now I'm willing to see with the dealer has to add after inspection.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Re:top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #17

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'll search for it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

top up oil level 4 years 9 months ago #18

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I do believe this is closely related to mileage done from one service to the next. For 5k miles, depending on driving style, traffic, urban / extra urban, oil level may not drop to the point that it asks for top up. I can only suggest that you check the oil level right after your next service and then check it again just prior to taking the car for service again. This way you'll know how much the oil level dropped in between services and will get an idea of what would be the case if you drove more in this period.

I drive mostly urban in Sofia, with lots of traffic, lots of red lights and congestions, drive in short distances mostly, so I imagine this does add pressure on the engine / turbo which is why I initially have more or less agreed with the dealers that it may be normal to need to top up once in between services. If it wasn't for that article AOne shared I wouldn't worry much. But having read that now I'm willing to see with the dealer has to add after inspection.

Had mine serviced just before coming on holiday, will check when i get back.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds