Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #7

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I believe you that is hard to put cracked windshield under warranty... Here in my country an extra full insurance for all glasses on vehicle is quite cheap so changing of windscreen is not such a big thing... especially because you have to replace sensor and calibrate camera to work proper.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #8

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Par for the course for any dealer/any brand, and yes, I am an absolute cynic, 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

almost.

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #9

• Oaklands
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi - I'm in Australia where the Kadjar is called a Koleos. I came out after a very hot day to discover a crack running half way across the windscreen of my 2016 Renault Koleos. Totally smooth on the exterior, no stone or chip and you can't feel or trace  the crack. I took it to a windscreen repair workshop and they said it was a manufacturing fault. So took it to my Renault dealer who agreed it was a manufacturing fault and said they would get approval from Renault to replace it. Two weeks later and half a dozen phone calls later I am still waiting. Very unimpressive.

Renault did the same thing when my bonnet was flapping in the wind on the motorway. I had to video it for them to believe me. Then magically there was a service directive that some bonnets had insufficient welds and silicone to secure the aluminum skin onto the bonnet frame. Took them two days to repair it.

Maybe Samsung who manufacture the Renault Koleos should stick to making televisions.    

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #10

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
This thing with windows cracking happens to lots of brands. I've seen it on a Ford, Mercedes and so on... It happens from the tension.
 In Europe we have both Koleos and Kadjar, Are you sure it ain't a real Koleos?
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #11

• Oaklands
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi - you are right -  my apologies. We don't have the Kadjar in Australia but some googling yesterday revealed it is planned for release in Australia later this year - slotting in between the Captur and the Koleos.

Hopefully the build quality will be better than the current Koleos we have here. Its my third Koleos - I had two from new of the old model and then got this new version beginning of 2017. I loved the old version and was excited when they brought the new shape etc out with all the new technology but they have butchered what was a great car with a small but loyal following here - including me.  The list of things that have broken down, gone wrong and are poorly conceived is huge. The service guys at the Renault dealer just keep apologising and saying there is nothing they can do. Calling Renault is a wasted exercise. Real pity. 

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 4 weeks ago #12

• OldAndLame
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm just about to get my second replacement in two years, first one started from a tiny chip which I hadn't noticed and did as you described... went up the screen first then 90 degree turn and right across the screen.  Current one has done exactly the same but I can't see any noticeable starting chip, just a crack initiating from bottom centre of screen going up about 10 cm then turning 90 degrees to go right across the screen.  I left it through the winter and getting it done now so hopefully avoided anymore more frosty mornings.

It annoying that it has to be done on site at Autoglass due to some sensor calibrations!? (Dynamique S Nav)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds