Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #19

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

All you guys having to replace screens due to chips etc, how is the front end paintwork holding up?? Damage to paintwork is usually proportional to screen chipping imho.

It doesn't hold up :D Front bumper and hood repainted, but I have chips allover the car, even on the rear doors. The austrians are very keen on using small gravel in the winter. It's small but very edgy and sharp. And it;s everywhere. At spring time it's like being through a war shootout. Just across the border, in Italy (20 km from me), you don't have this problem. They are using chemical solvents to fight the snow and frost.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: turboted10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #20

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
See why you guys take out windscreen insurance given that, 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #21

• OldAndLame
  • Thank you received: 1
So windscreen replaced this morning at Autoglass in Borehamwood, took about an hour and 45 minutes.  Asked how much it would normally cost if I hadn't had cover through insurance ... £1200!!!

Main thing is the sensor calibration for the lane departure warnings (which I have turned off) and the auto braking which I don't think I have on my model.

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #22

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

So windscreen replaced this morning at Autoglass in Borehamwood, took about an hour and 45 minutes.  Asked how much it would normally cost if I hadn't had cover through insurance ... £1200!!!

Main thing is the sensor calibration for the lane departure warnings (which I have turned off) and the auto braking which I don't think I have on my model.

OUCH!!!
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #23

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Again to you continental guys, surely you have to pay an excess on windscreen cover? . So is it any different to what we get as standard cover on all policies here in the UK where if the screen is chipped to an MOT failure standard then it can be replaced at the standard rate of a £50 or £75 policy excess?

Windscreen Cracked 5 years 1 month ago #24

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
In Bulgaria, the insurer covers all the damages to the car, without paying a penny from the user. In case of accident, not being involved into a car accident, we go to the insurer and state the damage. Than they only appoint us date to go to the dealer and fix the issues. No money flow going, we have to deal or whatever. Everything is organised between the dealer and the insurer (or the insurance broker). We have right of declaring two incidents without a document from the police for an accident or something like that for a year. 
During the leasing period (usually 5 years), the insurance is getting cheaper every year, due to the ageing of the vehicle and the damages for the previous year are not taken into account. After these 5 years, if you have a damage, the price of the insurance for the next year would rise a little bit. At least, these are the conditions to my current and previous insurance company.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: turboted10

Last edit: by AOne.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds