Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar v Qashqai 5 years 9 months ago #1

• JonB
  • JonB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Quick bit of background info., I live in France and have to choose between buying a fully loaded dci 130 Kadjar (equivalent to a Signature Nav 2wd) and a new model Qashqai dci 110 Tekna+ (again fully loaded). They are almost exactly the same price and at the moment the only thing swaying my decision is that the QQ has a CD player. I was hoping that you Kadjar owners might be able to give me some good reasons why I should buy the Renault and not the Nissan. I've scoured the internet and as far as I can see there's very little between them. Hope you can help me out and thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar v Qashqai 5 years 9 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Why would you need a CD player, when Kadjar has 2 USB slots and Android Auto (I'm a Spotify fan and  it is really cool using it with Android Auto).
 The mechanics in our garage say, the Kadjar is better built and with less faults than the Qashqai.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonB

Kadjar v Qashqai 5 years 9 months ago #3

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I totally disagree with Aone's post. My comments are from experience not what a mechanic told me.
There are many pro's and cons.
Talking 3 years back when I had the 1.6diesel QQ and swapped to a 1.5 diesel Kadjar. I will just state this as bullet points, you need to weigh these in your own mind if they are important or not, just remember we are talking 1.6 v1.5;

QQ was very noisy and the engine also sounded rough, felt as if underbody sound insulation was missing
QQ was more economical and enjoyable to press on, better MPG in spite of bigger engine.
QQ was unreliable, 4 RAC call outs in 3 years, none yet in 2 years with the KR
Both eat tryes
QQ information/satnav/camera system works, and is intuitive, RLink stinks and is the KR's achilles heel
KR looks better, is "cooler" and less common
Both are equally practical, QQ 2+2 was better but now gone.
Savings from 1.5 engine to 1.6 in either car are none existant
KR suffers greater MPG loss at high speed than the QQ, ie less aerodynamic
KR has a more modern cabin
Top spec QQ seems better than similar spec KR
QQ top spec leather seats are better than KR offering
The QQ can ride speed humps with much greater comfort than the Kr does, important to oldies
Renault have let early buyers down badly, inexcusable and probably the clincher for me

I think that's enough, it's from experience and to round up I will likely buy one or the other again in a years time, the jury is well and truly still out

Last edit: by turboted10.

Kadjar v Qashqai 5 years 9 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I do not agree with it eating tires. 35K km the first year (made it a week ago) and both set of tires are in perfect shape. The disappointment with the RLink regards the early owners (before May 2017). I'm more than pleased with the system, especially I use all of it's features on daily basis. Works great. The only irritating thing is the minor lag on the first start.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Kadjar v Qashqai 5 years 9 months ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I will possibly agree with the tyre situation, only because they are Continental, as past vehicles I have had with this brand have worn quick. Can't judge with the car yet as I have done less than 10k in 2 years.

As for the car, yes I would have another, even having experienced the little software issues at at the start.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634. Reason: Spelling

Kadjar v Qashqai 5 years 9 months ago #6

• Stevieboy
  • Thank you received: 9
Kadjar boot is a lot bigger than QQ.
Kadjar flame red paint is amazing (lesser colours are available)

My tyre wear has been fine.  Tyres have done 19000 miles and still have 3-4mm left on them. Won't be using Contis again though: very noisy and pick up every stone within 10 yards.
1.6dCi 4WD in Flame Red, now replaced by Hyundai Tucson 1.6T-GDi Sport Edition

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds