Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #103

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I see the official Map files have found a use Boyko ;-)
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #104

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Could somebody else, with the custom map sets, share it's opinion on the subject? Are the speed cams in their regions better with the custom or the original map sets? (I'm already thinking of the Q2 2019 set, that's why asking, if it ain't too cheeky towards Boyko from me ;) )

Great that the mix worked :)

I guess the overall quality of the map (pois, cams, buildings) varies per location - some areas might be better covered by Here, while for others TomTom might be the better map.

For newer Here releases you may want to try their web map first to check if they have added certain roads or cams etc, this should get you a snapshot of what you'll (eventually) have in the car with the newer release (so you can decide if its worth flashing): https://wego.here.com/
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #105

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

I see the official Map files have found a use Boyko ;-)

Yes indeed, thanks for! :)
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Re:Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #106

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I guess you're right. The thing is, I travel alot through unknown routes in various countries, so I don't know where I'll be next weekend ;)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #107

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Yesterday made a trip in Italy (northeast part - from Austria to the sea (Grado)). The speed cams were a disaster. 80% of them in the original map set were missing in the HERE set of speed cams (I'm driving through these routes a lot). I'm actually starting to think, the original map set is better than the HERE maps, but what I like in HERE is it represents the woods and landscape better. Lots of roundabouts, some of which at least 3 years old were though still not present on the map

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #108

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Visit poiplaza.com, download POI for speedcams, inject them into maps and upload maps again to R-Link device...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds