Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #97

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

I'm missing 2-3 speed cams in my area, which were present in the original map. Probably the HERE maps' set of Speedcams i s poorer than the other one... or at least in my neighborhood..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sorry to read mate, let me know if you'd like me to prepare a TomTom map of Austria using the original maps. Or I can try mixing them - taking the map itself from Here, and the speed cams from the original map, not sure if it'll work but worth trying
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Re:Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #98

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Thanks. I was thinking of what would happen if when making the maps it would be better to use the Tom Tom set of speed cams. Is there a way to compare the both sets? For example, in Sofia, what are your observations, is the HERE set better than the TT's or it isn't?

1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Re:Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #99

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
In Sofia so far it makes no difference with speed cams - the same that I had on the TomTom are also available on the HERE map. I'm yet to have some longer trips in the months ahead to check how it is on country roads.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #100

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Thanks. I was thinking of what would happen if when making the maps it would be better to use the Tom Tom set of speed cams. Is there a way to compare the both sets? For example, in Sofia, what are your observations, is the HERE set better than the TT's or it isn't?

Want to try this one ? Maps and buildings (3d) are from HERE, while POIs and Speed cams are from TomTom (original 2017.12).

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #101

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Want to try this one ? Maps and buildings (3d) are from HERE, while POIs and Speed cams are from TomTom (original 2017.12).

AWESOME! Pretty cool :)
Now all the missing cams are in place. Besides, the Picture logos of some of the POIs are back :)
Thanks mate :)

RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

Last edit: by AOne.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #102

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Could somebody else, with the custom map sets, share it's opinion on the subject? Are the speed cams in their regions better with the custom or the original map sets? (I'm already thinking of the Q2 2019 set, that's why asking, if it ain't too cheeky towards Boyko from me ;) )

Last edit: by AOne.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.581 seconds