Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #433

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Well

latest and greatest maps you can use on stock navigation are Here 2019Q4 (I expect that new will be out very soon) and with combination of TomTom trafic Live! are just perfect.
But for this is not enough to upgrade R-Link to V3... In fact you can have always latest available map even on 2.2.19.300... ;)
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #434

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Great, send me the links as well please I wil try to find some time to go trough maps as I did update Tomtom devices with unofficial maps 4 5 years ago so I might be able to get one myself if I get proper instructions, but I am busy as hell this couple of weeks so would be great if you could. get it ready, thanks a lot

p. s main reason I am using waze is coz of garda live updates and version of sat nav I have is useless as I mentioned above couldn't even find my own adress and when I selected GPS location. my street and region adress that GPS location gave isn't even close to mine

Re:Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #435

• lxnolan
  • Thank you received: 2
The main reason is the onboard sat nav doesn't support Irish postcodes. Also these 3d buildings are real clunky and dreadful and I can't remove them!

Re:Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #436

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

The main reason is the onboard sat nav doesn't support Irish postcodes. Also these 3d buildings are real clunky and dreadful and I can't remove them!

Have you checked the settings menu? The built in system has tons of options for routing, redirection, avoiding sections, streets and certain driveways and many others. It tells where's a traffic jam, how long would it delay you and propose a deviation. All your midpoints, border crossings, turns and so on can be easily checked by place, time and mileage to it. The TomTom traffic updates every 2 minutes and is way faster and accurate then the one in Waze or GMaps. These are just a glimpse of the options, that make it much better then it's competitors. The three apps can be compared only if one knows all their menus, settings and options ;) The only thing I use Waze is it's user feedback for mobile cameras, besides its chunky look and lack of options for route editing or setting. Know your device, to use the best of it. If you use a proper and new set of maps/POIs/SpeedCams it's quite hard to find more benefits in the online apps than in RLink's built in sat nav and I've been through many satnav apps and devices since their early days decades ago.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #437

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Have you checked the settings menu? The built in system has tons of options for routing, redirection, avoiding sections, streets and certain driveways and many others. It tells where's a traffic jam, how long would it delay you and propose a deviation. All your midpoints, border crossings, turns and so on can be easily checked by place, time and mileage to it. The TomTom traffic updates every 2 minutes and is way faster and accurate then the one in Waze or GMaps. These are just a glimpse of the options, that make it much better then it's competitors. The three apps can be compared only if one knows all their menus, settings and options ;) The only thing I use Waze is it's user feedback for mobile cameras, besides its chunky look and lack of options for route editing or setting. Know your device, to use the best of it. If you use a proper and new set of maps/POIs/SpeedCams it's quite hard to find more benefits in the online apps than in RLink's built in sat nav and I've been through many satnav apps and devices since their early days decades ago.

Can't realy argue with you on this one as I have an old map installed, I went trough all current sat nav setting that I have in my k162 didn't get much help, and as I Nolan mentioned above satnav doesn't support Irish Post codes and I tried to get my adress step by stem from selecting country region etc, and could find it, so added it to favorites and I live at 16 Ardmore drive, Artane D5 and adress thst I got on sat nav as my home adress is 16 oak road, Santry Dublin 9, can't complain when I set home it brings me home but how the hell would I be able to go somewhere without being there before? as tried to go to my parent by sat nav wasted 1h trying to get it set up on nav till end gave up, hope. map update would help, but for now sat nav I have isn't any use to me

Re:Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #438

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Try this http://ovh.to/nprWP7M Latest map set, ready to install
If you need to upgrade to V 3.3.16.98x http://ovh.to/B5bvPQv
And to unlock iGO partition (multiple unlock for multiple versions in ZIP file) http://ovh.to/LXZ5jhU
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds