Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #457

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

We will let you trough, returning back will be bigger challange...

Exactly :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #458

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

No problems for two years already. As I said - I use all from Here and only POIs and SpeedCams from TomTom.

HERE Maps Europe 2019-Q4.rar
TomTom Maps Europe 2019.12 (Q4).rar
The files in the RARs are .torrent files to add to your Bit Torrent clients.
Download the maps, erase the folders you don't need and make a Frankenstein of both by your taste. Then just use the SkuCreator. That's all.

Tried to install update for poi and speed cams for uk and ireland and i think went well , but update was way too fast like took 4 min to send them to usb stick and took less then 1 min to show map update finished , Tried POI's and they work , cant test speedcam yet
any chance to brick the head u it by playing with maps and any idea how to delete once already in without need to update software? also not thread related, but doesn't anyone know how to change instrument panel from miles to km. I did changed it from setting and they changed on car speed etc , but didnt change for fuel consumation , searched on internet couldnt find anything anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?
Thanks a lot lads for all you help.

Last edit: by kadjar162.

Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #459

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You can't brick it with maps. Don't worry. There is a delete option in the app, with which you're creating the files. In the last tab (if I remember correctly), is shown the structure and files in your map folder in the car's RLink. Put ticks on the things you want to erase and create a file. SpCams are very small in size, but the POIs are larger. If you're creating and injecting a file only for Ireland, it should be very fast. If it's for whole Europe, should take about 20 minutes. If you struggle finding the right place for creating Delete files, remind me to make a screenshot, when I'm on my computer.
For the km->miles, I guess should be done through ddt4all, or just try a restart with long pressing the power button.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #460

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
I have successfully updated my maps to the latest ones but have a question regarding deleting data. On my R-Link screen there is a lot of old licences, base map data etc (see attachment) from previous maps and I wondered if it was ok to delete this to tidy up the screen. I know how to do it but wondered if this data was required by the new maps. Your help would be appreciated.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #461

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I have successfully updated my maps to the latest ones but have a question regarding deleting data. On my R-Link screen there is a lot of old licenses, base map data etc (see attachment) from previous maps and I wondered if it was ok to delete this to tidy up the screen. I know how to do it but wondered if this data was required by the new maps. Your help would be appreciated.

Hm. that's what puzzles me too :D I left mine, as they're too little in volume. The logic says If you put a new map set, you should need only the licenses for it. You could make a backup of them and delete them to see what happens. If an error appears, just put them back in. Nothing can't go wrong in this scenario. By the way, you're with V3, so you don't need the "Include force_update.txt", as it's only needed for V7 versions and above.

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:Re:Latest maps 3 years 10 months ago #462

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
Ok thanks, I think I have mastered things regards maps and the like using SKU Creator which is brilliant and so easy to use but still wary of certain things. BTW my car is due a big service next month and I asked them if they would be upgrading the software to V9 but they said they would not unless I was having problems but they would do it if I paid for it so I don't really think it is worth it as everything seems ok at the moment.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds