Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #55

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
2018 Q3 HERE maps for Germany and Austria as shared by a user on the BG forum: https://yadi.sk/d/OXdPHPODHnLlPg
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robertp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #56

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Is it too much to ask you for Europe (iclude Slovenia)?
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #57

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Is it too much to ask you for Europe (iclude Slovenia)?

Building a map of Europe is time consuming - about 300 files that need to be arranged in the proper configuration, in 2 or 3 separate SKU archives (to be <2gb). I'll give it a try when I have the time, if no one does it before me.

Slovenia is included in the Balkans archive - you can go ahead and install that for time being.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: rymacg

Last edit: by Boyko.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #58

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Yes, but I need it in combination with Austria, Italy, Germany...
But I got a picture... I extract files from original SKU files to get names... so, If I use same name like in original then I will  force overwrite existing files on device, right?
Can you give instructions and I will try to build maps bymyself?
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #59

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Yes, but I need it in combination with Austria, Italy, Germany...
But I got a picture... I extract files from original SKU files to get names... so, If I use same name like in original then I will  force overwrite existing files on device, right?
Can you give instructions and I will try to build maps bymyself?

Well you already have the maps for Slovenia, Austria and Germany. Only Italy is missing from your list. However, I'm adding some instructions below as promised.

I'm attaching two programs that you will need to prepare SKU archives.

1. You need a folder structured in a certain way to add new maps to RLink - easiest is to extract one of the SKU files I already provided and work with that - its already structured in the proper way, and even has some of the maps already copied to the respective folders.

2. Adding more maps (copy additional map files to the folders) - worth noting, if the file names are not the same as the current map files that are on your RLink, you will be adding new files to the partition instead of replacing existing files, eventually running out of disk space at some point. In order to get to know the file names of the currently installed maps you can use the second tool I'm attaching here - wlsdecrypt. Its a car fingerprint signature reader - you feed it with your VIN and with the R-Link signature file as produced on the USB stick by R-Link (its the .wls file named something like "3u32821529313841487.wls") and select "decrypt" - this will produce XML document listing all the currently installed maps with their file names, so you now know how to name the new map files you'll be adding.

3. Use the SkuHelper app to "Generate STM "copy"... " for all the files added to the folder.

4. Use the SkuHelper app to "Generate MD5 and update checksum..." for all the files added.

5. You should now have folders named content и update_checksum - create a ZIP archive of those with an old WinRar version (current version wont work - you need version older than 4 - e.g. 3.93 should work) - make sure the resulting archive is smaller than 2GB in size - if its bigger, split the maps in two or three separate folders, generate checksums for all, then zip them separately. When zipping the files choose "Compression method: Store" (effectively meaning "no compression" or 0 compression). Change the extension of each ZIP file to .SKU

6. Create checksum for the resulting archives with the SkuHelper program ("Generate MD5 for all ...")

7. Copy the resulting SKU and md5 files along with the original .lyc file that you have from step 1 to a USB flash drive and plug it to R-Link - it will prompt to install map update, then you have the maps installed.

8. Optional - if you run into any issues while installing the maps you can create a folder called "logfiles_mm2014\logging\" on the USB stick and R-Link will write all sorts of detailed log files there for you to evaluate the cause of the issue.

For update map files to put in the folder (step 2) you need to d/l some from torrent trackers - I've seen 2018 Q3 HERE maps for Europe on our Bulgarian trackers, archive is about 6.3GB in size overall.

This should be it. As I said I've not tried it myself yet. I've been gathering these details from various sources in order to have a complete understanding of what this will do etc.

I'll most likely give it a try in the upcoming days and will share the resulting files, or if someone else manages to do it first - pls share with the rest of us :)

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxer, me_sashok, Saul

Last edit: by Boyko.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #60

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
For future ease of access, I have taken the original post submitted by Boyko and incorporated it in an article in Pimp My Ride in the Sub Category Software Upgrade
https://www.renaultkadjarforum.com/members-articles/pimp-my-ride.html
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds