Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #67

• rymacg
  • Thank you received: 5
Ok that's much clearer, so I don't need to rename the map files.
2020 Kadjar 1.3 Petrol S Edition Tce Auto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #68

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Ok that's much clearer, so I don't need to rename the map files.

Renaming the map files is handled by the one preparing the SKU update archive. Case is that for example the original HERE map file for UK is named "United_Kingdom_HERE_2018.Q3_180918.fbl" while the equivalent R-Link map file is named "UnitedKingdom.fbl". So when preparing the archive this needs to be renamed otherwise we would end up with two separate UK maps installed, which doubles the space used.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #69

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Boyko, question...

with this navigation hack... can Kadjar navigation read speed limits from maps? In original version can not, while Megan&Scenic can...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #70

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Boyko, question...

with this navigation hack... can Kadjar navigation read speed limits from maps? In original version can not, while Megan&Scenic can...

My Kadjar has always been able to read speed limits from maps - and this works with the new Here maps as well.

I'm using this feature all the time as I often forget about the speed limit and rest my foot on the throttle :) so I get a BEEP warning when I exceed the speed limit by 5 km/h. I also use the speed camera alerts - the lady warns me when I'm approaching the camera with speeds exceeding the limit.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #71

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Interesting… Mine read it only trough traffic sign recognition system… And problem is because in EU in countries are different rules regarding speed limits… i.e. in my country speed limit is canceled after passing junction. There is no need for sign for that (end speed limit)… and so on...
I ask at dealer and they said that Kadjar does not have that feature (I think we also discuss on that forum regarding that)...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Latest maps 5 years 2 months ago #72

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Is this what you're talking about:

I thought this is standard everywhere. My car doesn't have traffic sign recognition system so the Maps are the only way for it to know what the speed limit is.

And I thought junction cancels speed limit everywhere :) And the "end speed limit" sign has nothing to do with that - its just another option for the speed limit to be cancelled when there is no junction close by.

I rarely drive abroad and am not expert in traffic law in other countries so I guess you are right. What seems unlikely to me is that Renault has fitted Slovenian cars with special R-Links that do not pick speed limits from maps (given the speed limit map data is there, as we all share the same maps).

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds