Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 1 year 3 months ago #745

• Goran
  • Thank you received: 0
Lots of greetings,
I have a 2017 renault kadjar and I would like to upgrade R link 2 from 2.2.19.300 to 3.3.16.96x or 3.3.16.98x.
Are there any negative consequences of that upgrade? I read somewhere that the function of the rear camera should not be disturbed.
I honestly don't know much about these upgrades so any help would be great.
Can you post the upgrade link?
Thank you in advance
ps. sorry if my english is bad :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 1 year 3 months ago #746

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Goran

what do you want to achieve? If you plan to use Android Auto then yes, you can upgrade yourself to 3.3.16.981. Negative consequence is a fact that you can brick device to death. Another annoying thing is that devices factory equipped with 3.3.16.x firmware has rear camera picture format 16:9 and devices with 2.2.1x has 4:3. And this is HW feature based on device hardware version. You can somehow adjust guiding lines, but it is just good enough.  
For upgrade files check link in my previous post. There are 2 files; larger to upgrade firmware and smaller to unlock iGO navigation so you can afterwards install maps from same link.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goran

Latest maps 1 year 3 months ago #747

• smitch6
i have Rlink2  V 7.0.24.161
if you have any update maps for it pls as renault say no update available .......

Latest maps 1 year 3 months ago #748

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi

first you need to unlock iGO navigation to accept other cards, then download set from link I posted few posts below. 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)

Latest maps 1 year 3 months ago #749

• smitch6

Hi

first you need to unlock iGO navigation to accept other cards, then download set from link I posted few posts below. 

how do i do that pls

Latest maps 1 year 3 months ago #750

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK

From link in my post download file Skin-Patch v1_3_Release_R-LINK 70241xx 11_04_22.zip
Extract it on to USB drive, formated as FAT32, size 8 to 32 GB. Do on Windows machine!
If you extract on HDD firs or anything, at the end the only proper folder structure on USB stick is
X:\R-LINK\mm2014_upgrade.lgu, force_update.txt
Turn engine on and insert USB stick into USB slot in the car. After a while, R-LINK2 will pop-up that there is upgrade and if you wish to upgrade... Confirm. At the end, device will reboot
Then reformat USB stick (same parameters) and extract /copy maps from link (either TomTom either Here). Folder structure must be same; X:\R-LINK\*.sku and *.sku.md5 files.
Same procedure as for upgrade in car.
That's all

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds