Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #139

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Personally, I would just press the off button every time I get in the car to stop the Start/Stop function rather than messing with the software. Haven't grown a big enough pair yet to mess with Rlink outside of what is sanctioned.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: jnhennessy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #140

• AlexP
  • AlexP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
You can use the german site where all the things are well structured. 
I use Google translate wich works well and pictures show you all you need.
https://www.kadjar-forum.de/index.php/Thread/2222-DDT4All-Software-zur-Modifikation-diverser-Fahrzeug-Parameter/

Be very careful and don't change anything that you don't know what it does.
And always record your screen as long as you work to know what happened in case things go wrong and to have before parameters. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: jnhennessy

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #141

• jnhennessy
  • Thank you received: 2
Many Thanks to Boyko duracel3634 and AlexP for the good advice. When I receive the ELM327 I'll thread gingerly and as AlexP said take a screen shot before changing anything. There's a wealth of info on the German site so I'll wade through that during the week so see if anything stands out.

I've now updated the Rlink from version 2 to 3.3 using the excellent files and tutorial that duracel3634 provided. The upgrade went without a hitch but I can't get into developer mode despite numerous attempts. I know it's a black art with the finger presses so I'll just keep trying until the ELM327 arrives.

Once again many thanks to all for the help and advice.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #142

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
The finger presses as described in the pdf is a bit hit and miss. I followed the instructions religiously, ie 12 presses at approximately 1 second intervals and got nowhere. I then watched a couple of UTube videos (there is a link somewhere on this forum) and saw that the presses were quicker and less laboured if you like. I tried it like that and on the second attempt managed to get into Developer Mode. For some the instructions in the pdf work well, for others not so. Could it be that some screens are more/less sensitive than others? No idea. I've had no problems since, well worth doing.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #143

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

What will be really helpful for me, and eventually other members, is if those in the know can provide me with information for the following:

What hardware is required to access Developer Mode, make, model, etc along with any connecting leads?

Where to source the software name of it etc?

Also if anyone can provide pictures of their upgraded screens so we can see what features have been gained would be great.

Has the upgrade lost any info, stopped you connecting to RLink2 Toolbox?

If anyone can provide the above, please include Country of purchase for the car along with year of manufacture would be most helpful.

I would like to put an article together, so all relevant information is in one place, which I believe will be of benefit to other members.

Anything you can provide please Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Any published information will be credited to the provider unless the provider states otherwise.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #144

• jnhennessy
  • Thank you received: 2
Cheers to PatWar for the suggestion. Tried again using quicker and less "laboured" finger presses and voilà it worked at the second attempt.

Now all I have to do is figure out what I can do in developer mode...!!!!  :-)  :-)  :-)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds