Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #121

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
In my case it's the opposite. Through AA the quality is way much better than through Bluetooth.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #122

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Funny thing regarding movies... I have a 3 or 4 longer then an hour (like one and half) and no problem. But I did convert to R-Link2 resolution, sound to MP3 and insert subtitles...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #123

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Funny thing regarding movies... I have a 3 or 4 longer then an hour (like one and half) and no problem. But I did convert to R-Link2 resolution, sound to MP3 and insert subtitles...

Check them at the end, at about 90-95% of the lenght. I also have one, which is longer than 1,5 hours with no problem, but the others fail at the end.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #124

• SPH
  • Thank you received: 0
The upgrade went smoothly and having AA is a real bonus. The only problem that I can see is the glitch with the reversing camera guidelines. Several members have commented that this can be fixed with ddt4all. The confidence to upgrade came from the clear instructions on the pdf, with links to the software. I wonder whether someone could do the same to fix the guideline issue i.e. which version of ddt4all (with link), some guidance on the ELM327 cable (will any work including the cheap ones off eBay) and a general run through of what you have to do to get the guidelines issue fixed? This would be hugely appreciated. 

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #125

• franeti
  • Thank you received: 1

As I said... hardware support. Problem is in USB port of device (r-link). As per experience on VAG with older devices, also USB port must be replaced to be compatible with Apple. As the time of presenting first generation of R-Link2 device there were no standards for Apple CarPlay jet.Only way would be that developers do emulation for CarPlay protocol on USB. Like in old times of DOS and TSR programs to control ports.

hi, i have updated from 2.2 to 3.3 and I have replaced the usb port used in the new ones, part number (280239665R) got it from a broken 2018 Kadjar to try to use carplay. I removed it my old one but it doesnt work
In debug mode every time I reset rlink Adb Carplay turn off. I tried with ddt4all as well. Any ideas? 

Last edit: by franeti.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #126

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
IMHO USB port (controller with chip)  is on device and front plate is just a bracket... Maybe i am wrong, I will check a part with Dialogys... From there is a whole problem of non-functioning CarPlay. 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: franeti

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds