Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #43

• Mario90
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks Boyko. I upgraded my Talisman aswell, works fine! It became a lot more responsive just as you experienced.
My user settings and maps got preserved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #44

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Great news. What about applicatons, subscriptions like Tom Tom live traffic, Digital services etc?
If you do some modifications before upgrade (with dev mode or ddt4all) are they preserved too?

In one hour We will do modifications with ddt4all, but upgrade files will still download very slow...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #45

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I have been watching the debate here and, unless I have overlooked it, it is difficult to follow which Kadjars this could possibly work for based on Year of Manufacture which I understand is relevant to what is achievable, is it not due to hardware that is already in place?

Perhaps those debating this subject would like to have a signature at the bottom with this kind of info so it is easy to see what vehicles are getting the desired result. You can alter your signature in your profile here  https://www.renaultkadjarforum.com/forum/profile.html

As for the VIN debate, it is relevant to check whether your vehicle has the hardware in place to have a fully successful upgrade of Rlink2, this is a discussion I have already had with Renault.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Last edit: by duracel3634.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #46

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Thanks Boyko. I upgraded my Talisman aswell, works fine! It became a lot more responsive just as you experienced.
My user settings and maps got preserved.

Thanks to you Mario for sharing the howto with us! Good to read you upgraded successfully too!

@Robertp - I did not have any custom mods via dev mode prior to the upgrade, so I can't tell if such mods will be preserved. As for the other services - tom tom live traffic never worked reliably for me, it would occasionally report something then wont work for weeks. I have not yet had the opportunity to test it after the upgrade, so not sure on this one either.

@duracel3634 - totally valid point, I now added vehicle details to my signature

For those who are yet to do the upgrade on their cars one thing I missed to share before: during the upgrade there is a (not so) short period of time when R-Links screen becomes completely black, as if the unit died - just hold tight and wait patiently, do not turn off the car, do not pull the usb stick, just wait and it will come back to life in a while.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mario90

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #47

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Thanks'...

So I will test... 
BTW, today, when we try to change speeds (turn on, turn off) for LDW with ddt4all, succesfully write new values but simpy does not take it... We follow instructions from German Kadjar forum. Also reset R-Link2, taho cluster, hold car locked for an hour... 

Is there any missing step or we mist something?

Car is my Kadjar. Also can not set warning for tired... No such a setting in Kadjars' setting. 
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #48

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I have been following this thread from the beginning and I am left with one thought: I have only respect for the members who are researching and indeed following through with this upgrade, my problem is I only understand about 40% of what they are writing about. Is there not in the UK someone who has been doing his own work on this project and can offer the same kind of service that members can get in Rumania/Italy et al. Where are all the British whizz kids (who own Kadjars obviously).
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds